Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Did I hear someone say "WRP"?

After the fiasco with the pulley I wouldn't touch anything like this without a manufacturer testing it for 50,000 miles (better yet an independent lab!) and an "It won't blow your engine" guarantee.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
HRTKD said:
Did I hear someone say "WRP"?

After the fiasco with the pulley I wouldn't touch anything like this without a manufacturer testing it for 50,000 miles (better yet an independent lab!) and an "It won't blow your engine" guarantee.
This set of pulleys are manufactured for alteration of camshaft timing and allows the owner/tuner to advance/retard the timing respectively for each camshaft independently for the most gains. Very surprised and pleased to see Skunk producing something outside of the normal import car market. Skunk is very reputable and have excellent customer service ... I run a full stage2 drive train in my integra and cannot say enough praise about them.

WRP "fiasco" was a whole different situation all in itself in that "pulley" was supposed to reduce parasitic drag on the engine itself by altering the pulley ratio and also reducing the mass of the said pulley but in my eyes totally ignored the engine's harmonics. These cam gears are a totally different part than what I think you are assuming (hope that makes sense). As far as any sort of guarantee from any manufacturer especially those drivetrain related you will be hard pressed to find anything concrete since proper installation and tuning determine results whether it be catastrophic or triumphant.

With all that said this opens a whole new level of tuning for those with cams and those who run laughing gas.

-Joe

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I did read enough of them to understand that they were not crank pulleys. I do understand enough about engines to figure out the difference between a crank and a cam, but that's pushing my knowledge. :D Thanks for the info and backing up the reputation of Skunk.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
SO whos going to try these????????
Will they work with stock cams??? Any gains?

I dint find any more info on these nor in the Skunk 2 website....

·
Registered
605 Posts
it wouldn't gain much if use on stock motor,unless you have aftermarket cams or nitrous.:)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
From personal experience I would not want to have to tune the motor with adjusting the cam shafts and have to keep taking the covers on and off all the time for adjustments plus looks like the teeth on the gears are way to big for our cams and covers.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anybody else have anything to add?

bump!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts