Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of getting a set of strobes for my titan. do you have to cut/drill to install those? and can anyone recommend a good brand and where to buy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i would say without a doubt youll at least have to bust out the drill and some silicon to reseal the headlight housing...usually to feed the wires through. I havent looked into any yet, but i was thinking of doing this also for when im at jobsites, and on the side of the road since i use my truck for work too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am in the same position, using my truck for work and wangt to look like i am there for a reason when i need to park in odd places.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The strobe kit I have for my truck is the Whelen Competitor Series Hide-A-Way Strobe Kit- S660CCCC
http://www.swps.com/whelen-hide-a-way-strobe-kit.html
It has 4 clear strobe tubes so you can mount 2 in the front and 2 in the back and is one of the best kits on the market today.
The Titan is not an easy vehicle to mount undercover strobes on because they require a 1 inch hole and they cant be close to any lenses or plastic parts because it will melt them due to the heat they put off. If you look in our headlights and taillights there isnt much room in either of them for good clear safe mounting but it can be done. As long as all you are going to run is 2 to 4 strobe tubes then the 60 watt power supply is plenty but if you want to run 6 strobes then you need to get the 90 watt power supply to keep all the strobes flashing as bright as they can. Whelen is by far the best brand and they are all we use on our fire truck for emergency lighting. The price in the link above is not a bad price but I would search ebay and im sure you can find the same kit for less. The wiring on these things can get a little crazy so just make sure you have a full day to install and wire it up.

Here ya go....same kit but its only 169.99

http://www.lshlights.net/AMAZING/itemdesc.asp?CartId={2A1D86AA-065B-46F2-EVEREST95C2-DF1F8D4C51AF}&ic=S660CCCC&eq=&Tp=

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
firefightermatt said:
The strobe kit I have for my truck is the Whelen Competitor Series Hide-A-Way Strobe Kit- S660CCCC
http://www.swps.com/whelen-hide-a-way-strobe-kit.html
It has 4 clear strobe tubes so you can mount 2 in the front and 2 in the back and is one of the best kits on the market today.
The Titan is not an easy vehicle to mount undercover strobes on because they require a 1 inch hole and they cant be close to any lenses or plastic parts because it will melt them due to the heat they put off. If you look in our headlights and taillights there isnt much room in either of them for good clear safe mounting but it can be done. As long as all you are going to run is 2 to 4 strobe tubes then the 60 watt power supply is plenty but if you want to run 6 strobes then you need to get the 90 watt power supply to keep all the strobes flashing as bright as they can. Whelen is by far the best brand and they are all we use on our fire truck for emergency lighting. The price in the link above is not a bad price but I would search ebay and im sure you can find the same kit for less. The wiring on these things can get a little crazy so just make sure you have a full day to install and wire it up.

Here ya go....same kit but its only 169.99

http://www.lshlights.net/AMAZING/itemdesc.asp?CartId={2A1D86AA-065B-46F2-EVEREST95C2-DF1F8D4C51AF}&ic=S660CCCC&eq=&Tp=
I almost ordered the 90watt kit yesterday but I have to check with the person who wired my airhorn to make sure she can do it. Thanks for the thumbs up on this kit I have been thinking about getting the 60watt kit for months but never pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey no problem. I know alot about these kits and have installed them on several of my buddies vehicles so if you have any questions just ask and I should be able to answer them.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
firefightermatt said:
Hey no problem. I know alot about these kits and have installed them on several of my buddies vehicles so if you have any questions just ask and I should be able to answer them.
Thanks.. I think I will order the 90watt kit today.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am trying to only, for now, do things to my truck that i can remove and get it back to stock if i need to sell it, i am guessing this will not be one of those things. thanks for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts