Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my headlight project. This is what I wanted the damaged light for. So I could mess with it and not worry about the outcome. :D I think it's gonna look awesome. 8) What does everyone think???
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kytitan said:
I think I'm going to like that qw. Can we get a pic with out the reflection.
:dance2:
Yeah, no problem. I'm gonna wait till tomorrow night when it's dry. Then I'll put the light back together and get a better pic. Right now it's a little wet still so I just set it together for a quick pic. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kytitan said:
Is every thing chrome painted black now?
Everything but the high and low beam reflectors. It's hard to describe. Before I put it back together tomorrow I'll take pictures of the seperate parts inside the light. That will be much easier than trying to explain it. :D
 
G

·
Did you have to bake the lights in the oven to soften the glue(thats what we did with the 02+ Altima lights)? Good Job by the way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
It sounds like this mod would be right up M4ck's alley. It would get the last bit of chrome off his truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kytitan said:
It sounds like this mod would be right up M4ck's alley. It would get the last bit of chrome off his truck.
That's what I'm going for too. :D



Slurppie said:
Did you have to bake the lights in the oven to soften the glue(thats what we did with the 02+ Altima lights)? Good Job by the way!
Yup, it required more heat than normal though. I had to bake it @ 300 degrees for 20 minutes. They used some serious sealant on these lights. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
As much as I would love to get rid of that little bit of chrome doing that kind of mod scares me a bit. I would mess it up for sure and then have to buy new lights. I am probably gonna wind up getting the black light accents. I do want to see this finished and more pictures.
m4ck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
m4ck said:
As much as I would love to get rid of that little bit of chrome doing that kind of mod scares me a bit. I would mess it up for sure and then have to buy new lights. I am probably gonna wind up getting the black light accents. I do want to see this finished and more pictures.
m4ck
You could throw a pizza in there while you're baking your headlight....Just think of the culinary possibilities... :pancake: :chips:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JetTech said:
m4ck said:
As much as I would love to get rid of that little bit of chrome doing that kind of mod scares me a bit. I would mess it up for sure and then have to buy new lights. I am probably gonna wind up getting the black light accents. I do want to see this finished and more pictures.
m4ck
You could throw a pizza in there while you're baking your headlight....Just think of the culinary possibilities... :pancake: :chips:
LOL. Mmmm, nothing like baking a little plastic chemical fumes into your food. :D I'll have to try some cookies next time. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Yeah, that thing is going to look slick. My wife has a new Honda Accord and you can order after market light kits that look exactly like that. I thought it would look great on her car but she couldn't care less about doing any kind of changes. Oh well, I guess I'll have to do something on my vehicle instead. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Hey, that's a nice look.

Do you hire out ??? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TitanGuyCNY said:
Hey, that's a nice look.

Do you hire out ??? :D
Haha. :) Actually if all goes well with my good lights I may very well do a few if there is interest in it. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Black Housing HeadLights

I'm sure it won't be long before China or Taiwan Comes out with a Black housing head lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Black Housing HeadLights

mysetitan said:
I'm sure it won't be long before China or Taiwan Comes out with a Black housing head lights.
I don't know if I agree with that. I bet it will be a while, if at all, that we'll see stuff like that. I know 1badtitan mentioned a projector conversion being available soon, maybe that will have the black insides?? I'm defenitly waiting to see those too. But you have to remember this is still a low volume vehicle for the aftermarket. Little things like this may take a while. :(
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top