Nissan Titan Forum banner

Headlight Project

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  SkunkApeRecords 
#1 ·
Here's a pic of my headlight project. This is what I wanted the damaged light for. So I could mess with it and not worry about the outcome. :D I think it's gonna look awesome. 8) What does everyone think???

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
kytitan said:
It sounds like this mod would be right up M4ck's alley. It would get the last bit of chrome off his truck.
That's what I'm going for too. :D

Slurppie said:
Did you have to bake the lights in the oven to soften the glue(thats what we did with the 02+ Altima lights)? Good Job by the way!
Yup, it required more heat than normal though. I had to bake it @ 300 degrees for 20 minutes. They used some serious sealant on these lights. :)

#9 ·
As much as I would love to get rid of that little bit of chrome doing that kind of mod scares me a bit. I would mess it up for sure and then have to buy new lights. I am probably gonna wind up getting the black light accents. I do want to see this finished and more pictures.
m4ck

#10 ·
m4ck said:
As much as I would love to get rid of that little bit of chrome doing that kind of mod scares me a bit. I would mess it up for sure and then have to buy new lights. I am probably gonna wind up getting the black light accents. I do want to see this finished and more pictures.
m4ck
You could throw a pizza in there while you're baking your headlight....Just think of the culinary possibilities... :pancake: :chips:

#11 ·
JetTech said:
m4ck said:
m4ck
You could throw a pizza in there while you're baking your headlight....Just think of the culinary possibilities... :pancake: :chips:
LOL. Mmmm, nothing like baking a little plastic chemical fumes into your food. :D I'll have to try some cookies next time. :lol:

#16 ·
Yeah, that thing is going to look slick. My wife has a new Honda Accord and you can order after market light kits that look exactly like that. I thought it would look great on her car but she couldn't care less about doing any kind of changes. Oh well, I guess I'll have to do something on my vehicle instead. :wink:

#20 ·
Re: Black Housing HeadLights

mysetitan said:
I'm sure it won't be long before China or Taiwan Comes out with a Black housing head lights.
I don't know if I agree with that. I bet it will be a while, if at all, that we'll see stuff like that. I know 1badtitan mentioned a projector conversion being available soon, maybe that will have the black insides?? I'm defenitly waiting to see those too. But you have to remember this is still a low volume vehicle for the aftermarket. Little things like this may take a while. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.