Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my headlights are beginning to peel and flake up top near the fender area and it's been getting progressively worse for about a year. It looks like the clear hardcoat layer is peeling and flaking off from the plastic underneath. I thought about polishing them up, but the underlying plastic doesn't seem to be as glossy or as protected without the hardcoat layer.

Is there anyway to have this fixed through Nissan? My warranty has long ago been expired except for the emissions, but would Nissan pro-rate something like this since it's a safety feature?

I know older vehicles with plastic headlight lenses have similar problems like this. However, the hardcoat layer that is peeling makes it impossible to just polish them up. To make matters worse, the truck is only 6 years old. The headlights shouldn't be peeling and flaking after only 6 years.

Nissan seems to have a problem with this because I've seen used 350Z's with the same problem as well.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Nissan probably wouldn't do crap about it, just normal wear n tear!!!! You can usually find a nice set of Headlights for sale in the Classified section from time to time, might be the best route to take...........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts