Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking to buy new tires for my 2006 Titan Crew 4x4 w/Off Road Pkg. and I cant really afford to spend alot of $$$ for new fancy rims etc... but I would like it to look taller, more aggressive than it really is.

Hince the off road pkg it has 285/70/17 on it now and my question is should I try and find a bigger tires for the factory rims and if so how big of a tire can I go?
I'm looking at the Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/70/17 will these fit without doing anything?

My other option is I could install a 2.5" mini level lift and I found a set of 5 factory 18" rims for $350 should I buy them and go with new tires and if so what size could I go with the lift on 18"s ?

Any suggestions and advice would greatly be appreicated.

Thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you can swing a leveling kit, that'll certainly help with clearance.

If you already have 17's, I'd stick with them. You're going to have more tire options in a 17 than in an 18, and typically it'll cost a lil less in a 17.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Hello,

I'm looking to buy new tires for my 2006 Titan Crew 4x4 w/Off Road Pkg. and I cant really afford to spend alot of $$$ for new fancy rims etc... but I would like it to look taller, more aggressive than it really is.

Hince the off road pkg it has 285/70/17 on it now and my question is should I try and find a bigger tires for the factory rims and if so how big of a tire can I go?
I'm looking at the Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/70/17 will these fit without doing anything?

My other option is I could install a 2.5" mini level lift and I found a set of 5 factory 18" rims for $350 should I buy them and go with new tires and if so what size could I go with the lift on 18"s ?

Any suggestions and advice would greatly be appreicated.

Thanks,
Wes
The 305/70/17 will fit without doing anything. If you install the mini lift you can run 315x70x17 which is a 35" tire on those stock wheels. If your low on funds, I would not spend money on new wheels.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Craigslist is a good place to search for tires.

I got mine basicly new for $200 off an 08 F250. Deals are to be found, you may get lucky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.