Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when its about 20 degrees, the chirping is loud, sqeeling with chirp. Sounds like the tensioner. 30,000.

where should I get one. any manufactures to avoid? these factory units seem to go too fast. fords always have issues also.

any company to go with?

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
It's probably the belt. Lightly spray some water on the underside of the belt while it's making the noise. If the noise disappears immediately, replace the belt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
belt gatorback

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GTR-4070975/

Found this belt 97.5" as suggested by others on the forum. a good year gatorback 4070975. 7 rib. I assume that this is the correct belt?

I sprayed water on it and it stopped. Must be moisture that freezes on those stock belts that nissan uses. I believe that Gates is their company because they use gates hoses. so they must contract with them.

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GTR-4070975/

Found this belt 97.5" as suggested by others on the forum. a good year gatorback 4070975. 7 rib. I assume that this is the correct belt?

I sprayed water on it and it stopped. Must be moisture that freezes on those stock belts that nissan uses. I believe that Gates is their company because they use gates hoses. so they must contract with them.

thanks
Chris
I have been running the 975 Gatorback for several years now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great, no noise is great. its hard to imagine a belt would sound like a bearing squeeling, but with age of these belts and drying out, I guess they shift a little on the pulleys.

did you clean the surfaces off of the pulleys at all before installing the new belt?

thanks. I going to order this 975 from summit.

chris

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
great, no noise is great. its hard to imagine a belt would sound like a bearing squeeling, but with age of these belts and drying out, I guess they shift a little on the pulleys.

did you clean the surfaces off of the pulleys at all before installing the new belt?

thanks. I going to order this 975 from summit.

chris
No, I didn't clean the pulley grooves. My OEM belt started making a chirping and clapping noise when I hit 5,000 miles, so I took it in and the dealer replaced the belt with another OEM belt under warranty. Then almost exactly 5,000 miles later, the new belt made the same noise. Instead of taking it in again, I replaced the belt with the Gatorback and all has been quiet since then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts