Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to purchase a new IPDM. I took out my old one the night before and installed my new one the next morning, now my truck wont start with the new one or the old one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ITS ALIVE!, found the problem. It was the black plug for the starter. It was trying to hide from me down at the very bottom. And just to let everyone now, If you have to buy a new IPDM the price went from $250 to $500. Nissan decided to change some model numbers around. I was lucky and got the last one they had in stock for $250.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow thats quite a jump in price, hope i dont have to replace mine anytime soon. Glad you were able to fix your problem!

·
Registered
343 Posts
ITS ALIVE!, found the problem. It was the black plug for the starter. It was trying to hide from me down at the very bottom. And just to let everyone now, If you have to buy a new IPDM the price went from $250 to $500. Nissan decided to change some model numbers around. I was lucky and got the last one they had in stock for $250.
Yipes. I paid right at $100 for my IPDM I bought online from Brian, The Parts Pimp. $250 is highway robbery but $500 is highway robbery, plus aggravated assault and battery to boot. You must have gone to your nearest local Nissan dealer with a sign on your back that read, "Abuse Me".

I'm glad you found the problem and was able to get your T on the.....as Willie Nelson sings........On The Road Again.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Wow! $500 is just, Wow!

Loose and overlooked connectors on something like that, are easy to do. I had a lose pin in a connector when i changed an IPDM for somebody, caused by use of a small screwdriver to loosen the connector.

Keep your receipt, as a recall is underway.

What was your part number, old and new?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Titanblue, I'll have to check this weekend before I take a hammer to the old one. Just curious, but do the part numbers matter for some reason. Are certain ones with certain numbers messing up? Thanks for the info about the receipt, I've had a few people tell me that.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Yes, the original IPDM from 2004-2007 or so, is what seemed to fail. Read up on the ECU Relay $7 Solution, but I bet you already have. A new IPDM with a new Part Number, came out to solve the problem. We just learned this week, that Nissan is saying the ECU Relay was failing due to Silicone Vapors affecting the Contacts.

Based on what I've read many times and wrote down from my own IPDM; I have an updated IPDM, but shouldn't since it's a 2006. So, your info may help clarify my situation. I have not had any problems at all with my Titan though, it's just some trivia I am tracking down. Always trying to get the facts straight. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
nissan is going to be recalling ipdms in dec. i think if u take your papers in you get a refund look for recall in mail soon

·
Registered
343 Posts
nissan is going to be recalling ipdms in dec. i think if u take your papers in you get a refund look for recall in mail soon
Based on all of the information I've read, including posts from various people that work at Nissan dealerships, Nissan will not be replacing the IPDM but only the ECM relay on the IPDM. See attached pdf file.

Assuming this is fact, I'm certain that the IPDM $500 purchase will likely not be refunded and like any electrical component, is not returnable to the selling dealership. The newer IPDM may already have the upgraded ECM relay and may not require that Nissan incur the expense of replacing the part in the recall.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I would hope those who were told by dealers that they needed an IPDM and were out of warranty, that Nissan will honor the total cost. No other option existed through the dealer network, so what could they do?

The document does seem to affirm 1 thing, that the update came around 2006, not 2008, as 2007 is not covered. My 2006 seems to have the newer P/N for an IPDM, which is what I want to confirm. Cost for a Relay is less than $3 in bulk!

Next, I want to see what P/N is on the new Relay, as I've seen the same Relay on old and new IPDM so far.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Is the ECM relay the only one affected?
My cooling fan wasn't working so I brought it back to the dealer for warranty. Now my auto climate control stays on one blower speed. The woman at the dealer told me that the fan in the grill has nothing to do with the A/C system, but it was working fine before they touched the truck. I ran the self test procedure and I don't here the compressor clutch clicking and the new cooling fan still doesn't come on. I know my local dealer is full of idiots, but what choice do I have for warranty work.
I am taking the truck back today probably to get arrested, but I'm not paying to fix what they screwed up. I'm thinking the cooling fan isn't working because of a problem with the IPDM. At least I hope thats the problem and they didn't screw anything else up.
James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts