Nissan Titan Forum banner

Help With Transmission Drain and Fill

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  The Wife's Titan 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I was doing a Drain and Fill on the Titan not long ago, and I am puzzled after I recently re checked the fluid level. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of the dip stick, but have a photo that shows how much came out. As you can see in the photo almost 6.5 qts came out. Normally when I do this, 4-5 qts comes out. The only thing I can think of is the Truck was sitting in the garage for about 2 weeks and was not moved. I just went under the truck (truck was cold) drained the fluid, and refilled what came out. All Done while the truck was cold.

Now when I look at the fluid level warm (after my wife comes home from work about a 12 mile drive home from her work) the fluid level seems to be up to the bump part not inbetween the hash tags on the warm fill markers on the dip stick. Any idea to why this is? One thing I don't like about the Nissan Type S fluid is its very difficult to see against the light silver dip stick. Most Transmission Fluids are dark red, almost a blood color but Nissan Matic Type S is like very very very light pink. I was thinking of doing another drain and fill to better assess where the fluid is on the dipstick. This time I was thinking of using Valvoline Max Life ATF that shows is Type S compliant. That fluid is bright red and might be easier to see where your fluid level actually is. Now our truck has 45k on it so would using the Valvoline be ok? Or have people used it and think its crap? I just want to use something that is easy to get, synthetic and is obviously meets Type S requirements.

Thoughts? How did 6.5 qts come out? did I overfill? Im scratching my head on this one.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.