Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i have not been on here in awhile. Which is a good thing, my wallet is not so small anymore. lol
Anywho, my truck keeps missing when im driving and it shut off on me once these past few weeks. Im letting it warm up right now since its so cold and while it was idling it almost shut off but came right back. It seems to only do it when its cold out, and when it does it once it never does it again until i drive it the mext day or so. Ive been told fuel pump or injectors. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance guys.

Truck is 04 and has 113,000

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Titan misfiring

Hello all, i have not been on here in awhile. Which is a good thing, my wallet is not so small anymore. lol
Anywho, my truck keeps missing when im driving and it shut off on me once these past few weeks. Im letting it warm up right now since its so cold and while it was idling it almost shut off but came right back. It seems to only do it when its cold out, and when it does it once it never does it again until i drive it the mext day or so. Ive been told fuel pump or injectors. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance guys.

Truck is 04 and has 113,000
I would clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor. It could be dirty or going bad.

IF it's shutting down every so often, it could also be the IPDM. There's a TSB on them and the relay shorts out. Your dealership should be able to sell you a relay instead of the whole board.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Being you have an '04, you should have gotten a recall notice about replacing the prone to failure ECM relay. Besides telling the ECM that the engine wants to run, this relay also sends power (+12 volts)to your fuel injectors, so the ECM can control them by pulsing the -12 volt side of the circuit. It sounds like your problem is related to this relay.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Recall notice states: "On some of the affected vehicles, an issue with an Engine Control Module relay may, over time, cause engine performance issues, and in some instances, can cause the engine to stop running while the vehicle is in motion, increasing a risk of a crash."

Might be your problem.

·
Registered
334 Posts
recall

do the relay recall first. I did mine today no charge,it took an hour at dealer( labor 10 minutes paperwork,,,,,) and they did a quicky wash and vac! hope thats it!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I never got my recall notice?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I asked dealer If they were doing them yet ,they said yes so I made an appointment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts