·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I think this is the muffler.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Nice man really nice looking. Hows it sound.
M4ck

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments!

Yes, it's SS. It is T-304 stainless steel.

It sounds very nice! I had gone to a performance shop in CT to tighten the bolts after I installed it and they were all impressed by the quality and the sound.

I'll have my buddy take some sound clips and I'll post them.

·
Registered
721 Posts
How much did it set you back?

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
hey qship, thats an exceptional exhaust probably the best quality i have seen!!!! i was really close to buying the b&b but it was 200more thas the ss gibson. ill be really upset if that b&b sounds half as good as it looks. sound clips PLEASE!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Very nice! I would have loved that exhaust but I didn't want to spend that much. I can't wait to hear the sound clips.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Very nice. 8) I love all the flange connections instead of slip connections.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey did you install that yourself? Mine should be delivered this week and i plan on installing it myself, and i was wondering how install is? How long it took and how hard? Thanks alot, Looks awesome, cant wait for mine!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It cost $700 to the door. I know I could have bought other exhausts for less that delivered the same performance numbers, but I wanted something different.

I did it myself in my father-in-law's driveway. It took me awhile because I did not let the bolts soak long enough in the PB Blaster. I sprayed them Thursday night and I missed Friday. It was a bear getting the bolts off with hand tools!! Of course, I stripped the last bolt I needed to take off! :evil:

I had to go to Home Depot to get a kit for stripped bolts.

I had a friend at a performance shop tighten all the nuts and check for leaks.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
QShip said:
I sprayed them Thursday night and I missed Friday. It was a bear getting the bolts off with hand tools!! Of course, I stripped the last bolt I needed to take off! :evil:

I had to go to Home Depot to get a kit for stripped bolts.
Hmmm.....sounds strangely familiar! :flyswat:

Heat from my TurboTorch finally did the trick for me.

Very nice looking system, btw. Can't wait for sound clips!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aw shucks!! You guys are making me blush!! :oops:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey QShip how did u get it for $700, on the b&b website it costs $856. I plan on making this exhaust my first mod and it be great if i could get it for $700 instead of $856. Can't wait to wake up my friend in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Caltitan said:
Very nice. 8) I love all the flange connections instead of slip connections.
I spoke to Billy Boat about the B&B for the Titan.
He said they are starting to use more flange
connections to eliminate fit problems with the
hangers. With slip connections most people push
the pipes in all the way rather than adjusting
the length & the last hanger comes up short.
It is the nicest looking system I have seen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QShip, I put B B headers, muffler and pipe on my Porsche 911 and got 15% more economy along with noticeable power increase. The equipment is superb, service & support were primo, plus great sound. Thanks for letting us know the same performance and quality are available for our Titans!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wistle said:
QShip, I put B B headers, muffler and pipe on my Porsche 911 and got 15% more economy along with noticeable power increase. The equipment is superb, service & support were primo, plus great sound. Thanks for letting us know the same performance and quality are available for our Titans!
I wish they made other things for the Titan. I would buy them in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Although I'm really satisfied with what I got, the B&B (and the Gibson dual side exit) were definite contenders in my decision-making process.
I admired the B&B for it's great quality reputation, and those tips are totally cool. I like the side exit styles, and wish Borla could offer that option.
T Rex

1 - 20 of 20 Posts