Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I am seriously interested in purchasing a 05 SE, popular, big tow. What I came here for is to get some imput on what I should expect to shell out for this truck. I drove one yesterday, WOW, gotta have this truck. I have been a long time Ford owner and never in a million years thought that I would be buying anything else. To give you some details...the dealer wants $30,596, I really can't pay more than $27,000-28,000. I will be trading my 98 F-150 (I owe $7,200, dealer is willing to give me 7,800). Do you guys think I'm crazy, or is it within the realm of possibilty to get me in this truck by the end of the week at $27,000???????

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I would wait till Thursday afternoon late. Hit them then. That way they cant do the paperwork on thursday. Then they will want you back in Friday. Tell them you can make it in after lunch. They will want you earlier. Then when you get there dont be very anxious. Maybe even be late. Do give them enough time to do the paperwork though. They will want to get the sell in before the end of the week so they will probably work a little harder for it. Good luck and don't budge at all from what you say you will pay. Just tell them up front and dont play.
M4ck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice m4ck. I'm getting ready to call him. Easy for you to say..."don't be anxious"...Hell, I couldn't sleep last night! From what I've been gathering (been doing a lot of research for the past 2 days....if work only knew :twisted: ), this guy should let this truck go for $27,000. If not, I'll continue my search until I get one. If anyone has any suggestions, please please, feel free!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also, if you have a Carmax nearby check them out for selling your old truck. You'll more than likely get more from Carmax for it than you would as a trade-in. Its an easy process with Carmax too, after they check out your truck, within a half hour you'll have a check in hand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, sad to say the dealer wouldn't drop his price. My search goes on. Hey ekroliko, I went and checked out the carmax website, and MAN, they have some great deals. Only problem is, the closest one is 5 hours away. I really do appreciate the advice though. I may just have to drive the 5 hours to get the deal I want. I'll just have to be patient I guess, I'm sure the right deal will come along. Untill then, I'll have to keep driving by the dealership and drool!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Hey you may want to give our sponsor www.new-nissans.com a visit. They do some great deals. You may be able to get what you want for cheaper than you think.
M4ck

·
Registered
470 Posts
Heya Kodiak

Just dropped you a PM answering some of your questions about my Titan purchase.

Keep in mind that the invoice on the '05 you're looking at is within a hundred bucks of $30K, depending on whether you want the front bench or captain's chairs, with the MSRP at $33070. I too did alot of research when I bought my Titan and, while there may be a few places across the country that will go deep under invoice, I don't think you'll see this happen in central NY. Of the two area dealers that I was willing to do business with, only would even talk to me about meeting the "Edmunds True Market Value" price let alone going deep under invoice. (Yeah, I know, I know, there's the 3% factory holdback, but it pretty much comes down to supply and demand and what the market will bear). Edmunds lists the TMV on your truck at $30,339, after rebate. Even the absolute cheapest internet dealer I know of, fitzgeraldautomall.com (in Maryland) is only going $600 under invoice.

If you want to save some extra scratch, you might want to consider a left-over '04. Believe it or not, there are a few left here and there in the state, and one of our local guys would likely be willing to do a search for one that meets your requirements and sell it on the cheap. I believe there is still a $2K rebate on them. Or, as m4ck and ekroliko pointed out, you can check out new-nissans and Carmax. Anyway feel free to get back to me while you're deciding what to do, if you want to have some fun we can go out on Oneida Lake and race the snowmobiles 8O

B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts