1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey bixll, just wandering if you close to finishing the gibson review? :?:

G

·
Well, with the fiasco I had with my dyno shop, there is not much more I can do with it! I can tell you that I love the exhaust! There is not much difference in sound at all when at highway speeds, no drone what so ever, not real loud. When you jump on it, it will bark though! For the younger crowd, it would probobly be too tame. I have had exhausts that were very loud all the time and loved them! Then you get to a point in life that your not willing to tolerate the headaches after only a 30 min. cruise! Make no mistake, heads turn and look when I get on it, but it is very acceptable for cruising also! You will also pick up some nice performance gains, 17 to 20 lbs of torque, and 5 to 10 H.P. as a stand alone mod. Add the Volant to it, and the entire system really wakes up! I highly recommend the Gibson exhaust, I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does Gibson have the dual out the back option?

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey bixll i really want a good sounding exhaust but i hate drone, i really want something that sounds good but is quite. you say theres no drone and its actually quite. any sound clips, please :?: any popping or cracking after reving or after running to redline

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'll give my 2 cents also. I put the Gibson on a couple weeks ago. I had a flowmaster 40 and it had way too much drone. The Gibson is perfect! There is no drone at all and like BiXLL said it's very tame until you romp on it. I am very pleased with it. Also, it is available in many configurations too. Check out there website.

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey qwik thanks for the review, where did you get yours and how much? any sound clips? thanks so theres no popping or cracing after revving till redline :?:

·
Registered
1 Posts
BiXLL said:
I will work on getting you some sound clips here in the next day or so.
Does it drone like the stock exhaust does at highway speeds? That is like the only thing that bothers me about the trucks exhaust, it drones a bit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Endurance56 said:
BiXLL said:
Does it drone like the stock exhaust does at highway speeds? That is like the only thing that bothers me about the trucks exhaust, it drones a bit.
If you think the stock exhaust drones, then you shouldnt even consider an aftermarket one. What exactly do you consider drone?

G

·
GETSOMZ28 said:
Endurance56 said:
BiXLL said:
If you think the stock exhaust drones, then you shouldnt even consider an aftermarket one. What exactly do you consider drone?
GETSOMZ28 is absolutly correct! The Gibson is probobly the quietest of any aftermarket exhausts at highway cruise speed. It is still louder then the stock factory exhaust though at those speeds. If you don't like the stock sound (too loud, or drone) do not get an aftermarket exhaust!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there...first real post here after reading for the past few weeks. Anyway, BiXLL, do you have the p/n for the Gibson system you installed? I ask because you say it's a 3" system, but anytime I look for Gibson systems and it actually gives a diameter, it usually says 2.5". Just wondering if I'm looking at the wrong thing!

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HEY BIXLL DO YOU THINK YOU CAN POST UP SOUND CLIPS?

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for trying i really want to hear before i buy again but from what everyone says the gibson is tame. hey bixll do you get any popping or cracking when you rev to redline and let off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree totally with Bixll. I installed the Gibson dual sport 2 weeks ago and it's great. I too am past the 'head-banging' stage in my life and bought the Gibson because it was quieter than most. I barely notice the difference in the cab, but it does get noticed on the street. I took my Dad for a ride today and showed off the acceleration - he thought it would beat his '82 Porsche 928 off the line (yeah, it's old, but he keeps all his cars in prime condition). I have the Gibson, modified OEM air box w/ K&N filter, and just put in my AirRaid TB spacer yesterday. BTW, thanks to JT for his outstanding walk-thru on the install. Took 25 min start to finish and I'm definitely not a mechanic!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
got_titan said:
hey qwik thanks for the review, where did you get yours and how much? any sound clips? thanks so theres no popping or cracing after revving till redline :?:
Sorry for the delay, I don't post much on the weekends, only while I'm at work. :) Anyway, I got mine from www.streetdemand.com and it was $436 shipped. You have to call them to get the free shipping though. Mine is the aluminized, I didn't get the S/S cuz I never keep a vehicle long enough to be concerned about it rusting anyway. :) The first time I started the truck when it was cold there was a little bit of popping/rasp when revved high but once it warmed up it stopped doing it and it hasn't done it since. I can run right to red line and it is smooth and deep sounding, no rasp, pop, or sputter. You will be very happy with the Gibson.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts