Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha yeh its true I was a former Dodge Ram owner. I have kicked that bad habbit and found the best 1/2 ton truck on the market. I have seen quite a few people post they were former Dodge owners as well. I just wanted to start a thread for all former Dodge truck owners to come out and tell what you had and why you got rid of it.

I'll start:

Nothing against the new Rams I still think they are a very nice looking truck. Looks arent the only thing any more though. I wanted power, handling, ride comfort, better towing and good looks. I think I found that mix in my Titan. Besides the fact that my Ram was in the shop more than out.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yea m4ck,

It's true, my new Dodge was in the shop a lot. I know we have our share of complaints, but compared to the Dodge, most Titan owners would be thrilled. I am so far anyway. I never denied that even when I was a loyal owner.

Performance, Value and price won me over, I'd been waiting for years for nissan to bring out a full size. My wife got so sick of me saying "I can't wait until.." and I'd do it at every Hardbody and Frontier commercial, She'd just roll her eyes.

The new ram had to be a hemi. I drove a few. Some felt fast, some felt like dogs. I didn't get a feel for nadda one. The interior changed and I didn't like it. The exterior changed and I didn't like it. Just a matter of taste in that dept.

When I drove the first Titan I looked at the salesman and said smiling, "Yea, this is the one" (not a good buying strategy :D ) but I ended up with a great deal anyway.

For all the envious eyeballing I did on the silver quadcab Rams, I sure don't think they are nicer looking than the Titan. The Titan is a Beautiful Truck!!! Honestly. I have a hunch there are plenty of Hemi Owners that wished they woulda re-thought when they see a Titan rolling on by. I coulda been one myself.

Don't mean to sound conceited about this, I still think Dodge is great!!! I just think my Titan was by far a better choice.

Chief

·
Registered
9 Posts
O.K. So I had 4 rams in the last 9 years. Stared with a 95 1/2 ton reg. cab 4x4 with a 5.9. Then up to a 3/4 ton ext cab 4x4 5.9 diesel (salvage). Traded for a 02 1/2 ton 4x4 quad cab 5.9 (rust bucket). Traded once again for a 03 quad cab 4x4 off road package with the hemi.(sold back to Chrysler) While I did like the dodge I feel that the TITAN hauls, drives, and runs better than the dodges. The 3/4 was made for hauling and did very well, and was the best one of the bunch (with the salvage title). And just for the deal part of it, I can buy any Chrysler vehicle under invoice as a dealership employee (Jeep). The nissan was to good of a deal.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Yaw should start a new help group and cal it DOA Dodge Owners Anonymous. :wink:

lol sorry had to

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I had a 96 2WD Ram 1500 that was about as customized as you could get! Had a 3 tone faded paint job, full ground effects,sunvisor, the wing or arch over the rear of the cab, burlwood dash and door inserts, 2 tone leather seats, built in phone, more stereo equipment then I knew how to work, I could keep going, but you get the idea! Had 36,000 miles on it when I got rid of it, and it NEVER saw a snow flake. It was stored every wionter in heated garage! It was my baby, then they went and built the Titan! :roll:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My name is Joe and I'm a former Dodge Owner. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
how many of yuo replaced your trannies on your dodges? how many times?
reason iask is because i knew multiple pepole with these trucks and if they were lucky they would get 50k on a tranny

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine was going out thats why I dumped it off with Nissan. Thought they could find a good place for it.
M4ck

·
Registered
493 Posts
kytitan said:
Yaw should start a new help group and cal it DOA Dodge Owners Anonymous. :wink:

lol sorry had to
My name is Vern, I am still a Dodge owner. I have an 87 1/2ton SW 2wd with a 318. But I found a truck I am not imbaressed to start, with the reduction gear starter and the burned exhaust valve thud.. deep breaths, deep BREATHS..........OK......I drive a TITAN now and I feel like Bob from the enzite comercial, bigger and better, with a happy misses at home. :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had a Dodge Ram. I had nothing but trouble with it. It was the 2nd worst truck I ever owned. My worst experiance was a Ford Exploder 1997. I new every rental car at the dealer inside out. My Nissan has been perfect so far

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a 96 Dadge Indy truck (bought it new) with the mopar headers cam and computer mods (5.9 truck). It ran ok for what it was but tranny's!! LOL My first tranny only made it to 5K miles, secand tranny lasted to 11K, traded the truck at 12,5K miles.

I wanted that truck so bad when I seen them in Truckin mag, then I bought it as soon as it hit the streets. Boy, talk about let down.

I also looked at and drove the new Dodge and GM trucks then I drove the Titan, I own one now. NUFF said

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I came within a hair of buying one, but chose the Titan. Last night I did get cut off by a Dodge at a four way stop. I just kept going until I was few feet shy of his drivers side door. URGGGGG! I hate dumb drivers. I need that push bar!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I had a guy w/ a ford explorer trying to egg me on last night. I had my family with me and did NOTHING at all. When the light turned green, we had a standoff but I refused to go first. He kept slowing down but no matter how slow he went I wouldn't pass him, no tailgaiting either. I bet he thinks the Titan is really slow. :twisted:

Keep wondering if I woulda had more fun if I was solo :D maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Chief said:
I had a guy w/ a ford explorer trying to egg me on last night. I had my family with me and did NOTHING at all. When the light turned green, we had a standoff but I refused to go first. He kept slowing down but no matter how slow he went I wouldn't pass him, no tailgaiting either. I bet he thinks the Titan is really slow. :twisted:

Keep wondering if I woulda had more fun if I was solo :D maybe.
I can't believe you resisted. My 7 year old son is always trying to get me to burn rubber or do something I probably shouldn't. I'm really going to pay when he gets driving age.....DEAR LORD...HELP ME PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yeah, you have a good point JetTech.

But--to put things in perspective, last night

-I WAS able to do several smokin' burnouts (kids cheering)

-I Was able to turn around in several spots where any reasonable driving would require 3 Pt. turns (kids cheering more)

All while Mrs.Chief holds her breath and tells me how much she hates this. She was still talking to me last night so overall it was probably a fair tradeoff. :D

Dern Comprimises!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
JetTech said:
My 7 year old son is always trying to get me to burn rubber or do something I probably shouldn't. I'm really going to pay when he gets driving age.....DEAR LORD...HELP ME PLEASE!!!
C'Mon JetTech,

You know if you give him some non-traditional training it will only increase his respect for vehicle/driver limitations, increased accident avoidance training, and perhaps some maturity on the road. Just like playing around in a snowy empty parking lot.

Probably just dreaming, but that's what I'm hoping for with mine :D

Chief

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can't believe how many people stick with one brand of truck and won't even consider looking at a different brand. Myself, I want a good mix of value, overall perfomance and reliability. I guess I did take a little risk on the reliability since I bought mine in early 2004 but then again I knew the reliability of Nissan overall. I talk to guys that bough a new truck fairly often that ask all kind of questions on the Titan. Makes me think they weren't smart shoppers when they bought theirs.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have owned trucks from each of the big 3 and I can honestly tell you. Even with the small issues I have seen with the Titan I will not be going back anytime soon. It is a joy to drive my truck every day. I will put up with brakes that need to be replaced or rotors that need to be turned, little squeeks and rattles that some people seem to let drive them crazy. My goodness its a truck I use mine as a truck and I do not baby it. It has yet to let me down and till it does I will preach to the masses about it.
M4ck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very well said mc4k !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts