Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I have issue that I want to share and see if anybody has a solution. I bought HID's for low beams and fog lamps. installd fogs and no problems. But when I installed the lows the passenger side worked fine but the drivers side blows the fuse. I switched bulbs and ballasts and it worked fine in passenger but drivers fuse popped again. Has anybody had this problem and have any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same problem awhile back, I had to get a relay harness to solve my problem. You can find them online for pretty cheap hope this helps.

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
It's a relay "harness". It takes the stock plug and uses it for a trigger switch to turn on a relay switch (or two) within the harness, providing direct battery power to the HIDs. The factory light wiring is not adequate enough to power the ballasts without frying the wires, if the fuse doesn't blow first.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ummm, I've had DDM's in my truck for ~ 5 years or so and haven't had a single problem or need for an additional harness. Weird.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is an issue with a particular ballast would be my opinion. Hid lights and ballast actually require less wattage (aka current) to operate. If your popping a fuse or melting wires there is an issue with your hid kit or a really bad connection causing excessive current draw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts