Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt plan to get my Titan when I did, or I would have pulled the HIDs out the Silverado. Anyway I ordered a set of HIDs night before last, but would like some for the fogs also.

A friend has an Armada, and warned against doing that, due to the plastic? fogs. Theres gotta be something I can do to get HIDs in the fogs and not melt them (with the exception of not using them)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well HIDs run cooler than halogen..so I cant see how they'd be worse than what comes from the factory.. but each dude knows best I suppose.....

If you're really worried about it, get some new fog lights. I had some Hella Angel Eyes (autobarn.com) installed in my Ram and I loved em. Metal housing, and glass lens. And the angel eyes were BMW quality..not cheap autopart store looking. You could run a 55w kit in that..

But I'd stick with the 35w kit in the fogs. I don't like my fogs to overpower my low beams and that for sure would happen with the 55w kit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put DDM 880's in my fogs several years ago-never an issue-and much better light pattern than normal bulbs.

Go for it-you'll be glad you did!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I have 35W 8000k's with a slim ballast for my fog lights. Ive had them for about a year now. Not one problem so far, knock on wood. But I just went and checked and there is no sign of melting either. Mine are on every time my headlights are on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts