Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in the dealership yesterday talking with the service advisor and we got to talking about the numbers of higher mileage Titans starting to come through the doors. They were all healthy.....just being used up...and quickly. These were all oil field trucks being driven daily from well site to well site on really crappy backroads. One 2004 truck had 175,000 km's ( 110,000 miles ) and another 2005 had 250,000 km's ( 155,000 miles ). They both still ran great but the guys were doing bi-weekly oil changes with the mileages they were putting on. It was just good to hear that these trucks are lasting well under harsh conditions.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
WOW weekly changes, I went over 6 months without an oil change at one point and I did it then just cause it felt wrong to have oil in that long.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Love hearin' that. I am expecting to get at least 200k out of mine. I drive under the philosophy that the vehicle should get you at least 10 years of driving minimum. All my past GM products have done that for me... Nissan shouldnt disappoint.

·
Registered
366 Posts
my dad still drives my 88 silverado (my ex) with a little over 200,000 miles on it. i hope the titan doesnt disappoint me. its a year old and barely has 2000 miles on it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
gabriel c. said:
my dad still drives my 88 silverado (my ex) with a little over 200,000 miles on it. i hope the titan doesnt disappoint me. its a year old and barely has 2000 miles on it.
Those are great trucks! I traded in my 88' GMC Sierra with 222,000 miles in late 99' for a 2000 Xterra. My sister-in-law has my Xterra now with about 160,000 miles on it and no major problems. I hope and expect to have good results with the Titan.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I still have my 89 nissan hardbody and it has over 315000 on it. still runs great. and it is still on the original clutch. all I ever did is change the oil/filter and timing belt. oh yea, and the plug wires/plugs. It is still quite reliable.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Knox_Titan said:
Just imagine the fuel cost if they are doing weekly oil changes!!
It's on the oil companies tabs....so pretty much free with the gas cards. They drive to a site...do the checks...record some data...drive to the next one. All day long....every day.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Good to hear. That's one of the main reasons I went with nissan.....that and it's the best by a long shot!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
g356gear said:
It's on the oil companies tabs....so pretty much free with the gas cards. They drive to a site...do the checks...record some data...drive to the next one. All day long....every day.
Yea, but someone has to pay for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is a 05 and I have 85,000. The only repairs I have had: brake judder, left rear axle seal, both tranny lines (very small leak) at the radiator. That's it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Knox_Titan said:
Yea, but someone has to pay for it.
WE ARE PAYING FOR IT!!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
gabriel c. said:
At that rate it will take you a mere 100 years, good luck!

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I change my oil every 3 to 4 weeks due to the mileage I drive. I bought mine in march of 05 and it has 68,600 miles on it now. I met a guy on tuesday that has an 04 on it with 143,000 miles.

Some of the test titans before they hit the market had over 200,000 on them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice to hear....how many rear axle seals have they gone thru though?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 94 F-150 w/200,000 miles on it. Still runs well and tows at least weekly. Has the bullet proof 4.9/300cu in inline 6 with a 5 spd. I expect the Titan to at least equal that.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nissan says that these trucks should last over 300,000 miles with the proper maintenance...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i am hoping to trade mine in on mile 999,999,999

1 - 20 of 30 Posts