Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've got 45k on mine and wonder how much money I'll have to stick into it to get to 90k. Starting to doubt nissan's quality on the truck. Rear end is shiztiy, front end shizty.....

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
You will be fine. If you take away the self inflicted things I have done, I have put less than $250 into this truck for repairs. $150 for a high pressure power steering hose, $17 for a radiator cap and $68 for a pinion seal. That is all that I have spent in 73,000 miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep, I just turned 60K and have not had to do a thing other than routine maintenance, and the brak repair which the dealership covered....

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I posted this before, but a few months back I talked with a Titan owner who had a 144,000, or so, on his 2004. And other than brakes and an exhaust manifold (if I remember right), it's still running great. He ran from Maryland to Ohio twice a week, hauling some goods. He said it got better gas mileage and held up better than his 2002 Tundra, which was killing him in repairs. he gave the Titan and try and loved it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Great thread...I'll have to show this to a buddy of mine that swears that these engines won't last.....Good to know they do

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
buzzkillwill said:
I posted this before, but a few months back I talked with a Titan owner who had a 144,000, or so, on his 2004. And other than brakes and an exhaust manifold (if I remember right), it's still running great. He ran from Maryland to Ohio twice a week, hauling some goods. He said it got better gas mileage and held up better than his 2002 Tundra, which was killing him in repairs. he gave the Titan and try and loved it.
I had a 2001 Tundra and the ball joint came loose and front tire folded under the fender at 63k miles and made a mess and the transmission went out at 76k miles.I didnt have very good luck with mine either.

shailey said:
You will be fine. If you take away the self inflicted things I have done, I have put less than $250 into this truck for repairs. $150 for a high pressure power steering hose, $17 for a radiator cap and $68 for a pinion seal. That is all that I have spent in 73,000 miles.
Man you can put some miles on a vehicle,seems like yesterday you only had 55k.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
yep, it is gross how quick I pile them up isn't it.

Back last spring there was a 2004 Armada that is owned by a retired couple that was getting a new rear end. They bought it new the day the first load of Armada's hit the lot. It had over 140,000 miles on it and a camper had been behind it for over 120,000 of it.

I spoke to him for a while and all he had done maintenance wise was two sets of tires, 2 sets of brakes (after the fix), tranny flush at 120,000;radiator flush every 60,000 and changed the oil every 4500 miles. Did not even change the diff fluid. So I feet pretty good about that.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts