Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My oil pressure gauge is reading high. Oil Level is good, anyone have a problem with this? I have an appointment to take it in. Should I be worried about driving it? It remains at high and won't go down to level. HELP!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hado. I had an issue like this a few months ago. It was my OIL PRESSURE SENSOR. It went out while driving down he road. I just happened to look down and it was pegged out past HIGH. I about freaked. I pulled off to the side and checked everything out, of course I found no issues at the time. I eventually drove it over to one of our firehouses in town and a friend of mine said that I only really needed to be concerned it it read LOW. I drove it home and later on after it had sat in the garage for about 4 hours I did a guage test to make sure the guage wasn't broken and all the guages worked fine. (I found a thread on here that shows how to do it) So I decided to just turn my key to the ACC position to see what kind of reading I got. IT went all the way past High. I knew than that I definately had a sensor problem b/c the engine wasn't running and it was reading HIGH????
I took it in and apparently it is a major issue with the 04 b/c the dealership didn't have one and they couldn't locate one at any dealership on the entire GUlf Coast. One dealership had one, but wouldn't let it go because they needed to have in case a customer came in with the isssue as well. I had to wait 2 weeks to get the part because it was on backorder. I drove around with it pegged out past H...took some getting used too!!!!
I got it fixed though and it's been fine since then. Hopefully this is what you are experiencing and not something major. It sounds like the same issue I had though.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Sounds like the sensor. But I'll tell you this because your going to be watching it after its fixed. Our oil guages will read high when the engine is not up to operating temp and revs are high. Its a real time guage and most of us are used to idiot lights disguised as guages. Kind of freaked me out when I noticed it the first time.

·
Registered
532 Posts
no prob....there were some guys on here that helped me out and reassured me when I had my issue so I'm more than happy to be able to pass it on and help another brother. I know I was freakin when mine happened, thought I had screwed my truck up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hado. I had an issue like this a few months ago. It was my OIL PRESSURE SENSOR. It went out while driving down he road. I just happened to look down and it was pegged out past HIGH. I about freaked. I pulled off to the side and checked everything out, of course I found no issues at the time. I eventually drove it over to one of our firehouses in town and a friend of mine said that I only really needed to be concerned it it read LOW. I drove it home and later on after it had sat in the garage for about 4 hours I did a guage test to make sure the guage wasn't broken and all the guages worked fine. (I found a thread on here that shows how to do it) So I decided to just turn my key to the ACC position to see what kind of reading I got. IT went all the way past High. I knew than that I definately had a sensor problem b/c the engine wasn't running and it was reading HIGH????
I took it in and apparently it is a major issue with the 04 b/c the dealership didn't have one and they couldn't locate one at any dealership on the entire GUlf Coast. One dealership had one, but wouldn't let it go because they needed to have in case a customer came in with the isssue as well. I had to wait 2 weeks to get the part because it was on backorder. I drove around with it pegged out past H...took some getting used too!!!!
I got it fixed though and it's been fine since then. Hopefully this is what you are experiencing and not something major. It sounds like the same issue I had though.
Hi I'm having the same issue but mine oil pressure gauge goes up to h when I give it gas and drive it when I let off the gas the gauge goes back down to normal and I checked my oil and it fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oil is moved into the engine by means of an oil pump, which is located in the engine sump. The pump picks up the oil and presses it through the various oil passages, where it lubricates the vital internal components of the engine. The oil then flows back into the oil pan, where it is picked up again by the pump. A special pressure sensor is installed to monitor the oil pressure. This device transmits information either to the control lamp or to the dashboard, depending on your vehicle's equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts