Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Titan SL with approx 98K mi. From time to time, generally when its wet and cold out, I will be driving along at highway speed and all of a sudden the truck either hard shifts or hesitates with a dull clunk. No codes, no RPM rev changes, no service lights. Checked transmission fluid, perfect. Changed rear diff fluid, perfect. mechanic cannot get it to do it when he drives it (go figure). Ordered and am going to change the IPDM ECM relay cause I found a similar issue on an Armada site that helped. Any ideas would be helpful. I am not a mechanic so lamens terms would help as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this site. I am experiencing the same problem. I thought the O/D was kicking in and out, so I took my truck to a buddy of mine that owns a Trans shop. They scanned the computer and the .code was P1614 which is an ECM malfunction code. I have a Viper Theft alarm system on my truck and was thinking it's possibly a loose wire or something related to the alarm system or the ECM cuts the circuit for a split second. It's only happened a few times so I can't watch the tach to see if it drops and then comes back up to the operating RPM's. And mine occurred in the winter months and while driving at highway speeds. Hope your relay fixes yours. I'm going to reach out to a couple of Mechanic buddies of mine at the local Nissan Dealer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts