1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Cutouts are illegal in California and other states. SOme states will let you have them on the vehicle, but they can only be run open when at a legal racing venue.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that was what I was thinking of having them for. the drag strip of course. I would never open them in a quiet neighborhood on my way to work at 1am in the morning that just wouldn't be right.
LOL

·
Registered
870 Posts
I had a lever and cable actuated dump on my Scout when it had the four banger in it. It was a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new exhaust, and having the basically stock exhaust on it kept her quiet around town. Pull the lever and I could be heard for miles, but I could feel the difference in the go pedal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you install the cut out on your Titan with out a power adder or at least a cam, you will experience a power lose; this will create a lack of back presure in the motor. If you notice most of the cars listed on the add have a turbo or super charger. These adds are misleading. If you would like to see if your truck is faster with out the muffler just disconnect the ypipe from the single pipe on your truck it will unbolt very easy. Make sure you go to a track, make one run with the Ypipe connected and one with the YPipe disconnected. I bet you run a faster time with the pipe connected. (The noise can be misleading) Check the time slips for the real results. Plus these types of cut outs start to leak after a while.

Thanks
BrandX

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a custom exhaust so I don't think I will be trying it. My exhaust is welded front to back. It would be really hard for me to remove anything. I really want the Vortec SC when it comes available. Guess that will be next year sometime. Maybe this will be an option then.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
you will probably notice a little power at very high rpm's, but you do need back preasure to get your down low torque, and the gain you get up above will not compensate for the loss of TQ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts