Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine just bought a 2005 GTO 6.0L 400+ HP.

My god this thing is fast. I con'd him into racing me down the street. He ripped me in half!! Which I expected. I was shocked by how bad though. Then he asked...wanna drive it....

I was like hell yeah. It breaks loose through 4 gears. You turn traction control on and it slams you into the seat.

He claims that at the track he hit 13.1 in 1/4!!!!!!!!! And since he's a good friend I beleive him.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Rossi said:

My god this thing is fast. I con'd him into racing me down the street. He ripped me in half!! Which I expected. I was shocked by how bad though. Then he asked...wanna drive it....

I was like hell yeah. It's a six speed manual with traction control. He told me to turn it off and jump on it. It breaks loose through 4 gears. You turn traction control on and it slams you into the seat.

He claims that at the track he hit 13.1 in 1/4!!!!!!!!! And since he's a good friend I beleive him.
What a rush huh...

The 2004's were fast but the 5's are blazen...

I would get into soooo much trouble with something like that...

Enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Rossi said:

I was like hell yeah. It breaks loose through 4 gears. You turn traction control on and it slams you into the seat.

Awesome! Sounds like a rush! I remember the first time I drove my '72 Chevelle after the motor was built (400+HP) and I remember having a smile on my face for a few days. :) There is something about a really fast car that just goes right to your core. I can still close my eyes and remember the feeling of the pedal on the floorboard and how the rear was loose for as long as I kept it there. Sounds like GM is hitting a home run with this years GTO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a chance to ride in my buddy's Saleen Cobra yesterday. He has 600HP at the rear wheels (its all about the HP for him LOL!). That was a crazy ride feeling that much horsepower!. Made my Titan feel like a Pinto afterward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its the same LS-6 as in the Corvette. Looks somewhat better with the more aggressive front end, but still reminds of a Cavalier pumped up to 150psi. :lol:

Guess when you can go like that, it doesn't matter if you're in pink primer. The tail lights will do the talkin'!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
My brother an I built a 65 Mustang several years ago, with a 429 Super Cobra Jet, 10 band C-6 Transmission, 9" Rearend w/ locker and 3.73 gears.

We had 2 (TWO) 850cfm Holleys on a low-rise intake, and the cam in this beast was a "Split-duration" cam.......BOY, did it LOOOOPPPP!

We ran consistent 10.3's / 1000ft at well over 135 mph! You can tell we had SERIOUS trouble getting it to hookup. Once, we put a set of slicks on the back and we my brother nailed it on the line, the D$MN thing, jumped up and turned sideways!!! :lovesick:

Anyway, when his sons got old enough to think about driving, we got rid of it. WAY TOO DANGEROUS!

I drove it to high school (auto shop class!) for about a month. What a RUSH! I still get excited just talking about it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts