Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to be home,, What was to be a long working over the Easter Holiday weekend is now over... We started in Northwest NJ, Thursday nite,, Titan loaded and towing a well packed and tarped trailer through 5 states to Chincoteague, VA.. 275 miles mostly at or around 62-68 mph... The truck performed perfectly and towed great,, the wind gusts made traveling any fast nerve wracking... Passing larger trucks with the wind made for some close calls... We refueled that night once on Island and the trailer was dropped off at camp site... averraged 11 mpg all highway towing... We worked about 10:00 am starting on remove of a old make shift shed,, trash piles, levelled area for new shed and built floor framing... I have to say sand is much nicer to work on then rock and stumps.. we assemblied a 8x8 frame,, back filled a 1/2 ton of gravel and rebarred into ground with 24 inch spikes... Then assemblied a suncast 8x8 PolyPlastic type weatherproof shed,, 2 people working until dark... emptying the rest of items on trailer and reloading it with all debree from old shed,, boxes,, bags and scraps of everything... off to the dump Saturday morning however there had been a snow fall overnight and everthing was not only frozen but also burried in snow... The side of Island that the hotel is on had a power failure but the trailer camp ground was fine,,, I have hand it to those people who live out there all year,,, Good day for working outside 32-34-deg ...,, by the end of day we were beat.. anyway we loaded up and came back Sunday after having a good meal on the Island with almost empty trailer... 275 miles 25 gallons of fuel each way...
4 1/2 hour each way and we had stopped for 20min-30min on either trip...

Once on the Island,, driving around it and the whole way home I had counted more then 55 Titans.. More than I've ever seen on one trip or weekend away before... In comparison of model year to year there very few of the big four 1/2 trucks in the 04 through 07 range around... Titans seemed to be the new kid on the Island...

Once a 3/4 to full ton truck was needed Ford, Dodge,then GM.

There are some beautifull Fords out there,,, but to big for my needs...

Sorry, got caught up in the rambling..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Proactive Painting provide good painter service in Wetherrill Park.
Proactive Painting & Decorating is the best and recommended company and located in Sydney. We are skilled and qualified painters who work according to the requirements of clients.
Visit this site for more information>Painters Wetherill Park
Thanks!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts