Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some honest opinions. I have an '04 XE KC with the stock 17" steel wheels. I'm very strapped for cash at the moment and more than likely will be for several years to come. I want to know what you guys think about the wheel skins they sell on eBay:
:?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&rd=1&item=7939054967&category=33744 :?:
They would be a temporary, and not to mention the cheapest, solution available until I can get far enough out of debt to justify buying some 20s. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I have not seen them in person, and probobly wouldn't consider them myself. I say that being in the position I am in now though. When I was younger, there is no way I could even dream about owning something like the Titan, and did the best I could, to do what I could, with what I had. You need to ask yourself what your honest opinion is, do you think they look better, do you feel better about your truck with them on. I would guess that unless you got up close and really checked them out, you would never know. If the stock wheels really bother you, give them a shot, if somebody syas anything, tell them they came with the truck, and they are only there untill you can afford some other wheel. I found a discussion on them over at Titantalk, but the guys were pretty harsh, almost sounding like a bunch of spoiled rich kids.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15364&page=1&pp=15&highlight=wheel+skins
Our forum leader, m4ck also has the steel wheels, maybe he can give you an opinion?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I have to agree with BiXLL, it really is gonna depend on YOUR feelings about them alone. If you like them, so be it. Besides, at any speed over maybe 5 mph, you probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

That's just my opinion. I don't think anyone here will be too harsh on you, though. Good luck!

psst, we ALL were young and broke before, too. there's no telling how many sets of steel wheels I simply painted to make them look better.....hey, you have to do what you have to do. :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Save your money and maybe just plan on making a rim change when you eventually have to get new tires. That way you can get a package deal. I've seen skins on other cars and they scratch and peel off easily.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I would wait save the money. Thats $80.00 by the time you add in shipping. You can find some decent MB Motoring rims for about $100.00 a piece. Do yourself a favor set the money aside. When you have enough get what you really want. No sense in waisting money on something that really isn't what you want in the first place. I too have the steel rims like BiXLL said. I do not like them at all. But I will be putting up with them until I can get what I want.
hope this helps
M4ck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't sweat the small stuff!

I'm in the same boat as you are and I don't think the wheels matter. Don't ever compare emotional approval with cosmetics, if people don't like your stock steel wheels tell'em to chip in on some 22's.

I will gladly put my Titan Kingcab "XE" with it's manual windows and door locks against any Z-71 you can find. You don't need to forget, You Have A Nissan, Baby!!!! People Love'em or learn to Love 'em Cause their the best things going today!

My Vote: stick with the stock until you go to your big boys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with bull. I have the same wheels as you and I have no problem with them. Just hold out for what you really want and get them when your able.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I knew I would get some great opinions here. I saw the thread over in TitanTalk about this subject and didn't want to get bashed to the point where I wouldn't post ever again. I weighed the Pros and Cons and I'll stick with the stockers for now. I don't hate the stockers I just think they take a lot away from such an awesome truck, but you guys are right I'm better off waiting for funds to pool for a nice set of Ronals or MBMs. Thanks again, Eric

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
wouldnt you much rather have a pimp *** truck with stock rims over a 1980 honda accord with some 22" spinners on it. you got the better choice right now so enjoy your truck. I'm also on a budget and cant afford tires but could afford rims, so I stuck with the stock tire and mounted them on some nice chrome 17" rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
e7m81,
Good choice to stay with stock. I would make the same choice. Look at it this way:

$80 + shipping = ~$100.00

You will wasted $100 when you replace them for better rim. You can use that $100 when you buy new rims.

%99 of people in this forum are in the same situation with you. We all want to upgrade/change something for our truck but we all have family and budget.

Enjoy your truck

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can buy my stock wheels from me for cheap...

edit: I have the 18" SE wheels.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Tyltan said:
%99 of people in this forum are in the same situation with you. We all want to upgrade/change something for our truck but we all have family and budget.
I"d be completely broke if my wife didn't stop me from buying everything I wanted for the Titan. :oops:

Gotta love her! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MIAPLAYA said:
You can buy my stock wheels from me for cheap...

edit: I have the 18" SE wheels.
I would love to buy them from you, but like I said I'm very strapped for cash at the moment. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
firecracker said:
Tyltan said:
I"d be completely broke if my wife didn't stop me from buying everything I wanted for the Titan. :oops:

Gotta love her! :D
I've only been married for 5 weeks now and my wife is still in the "what ever makes you happy stage" I better kick in to overdrive before she changes her mind :lol: .....What part of little rock or north little rock you from? I'm from Sherwood.

·
Registered
184 Posts
:oops: My wife handles the finances, so that keeps me in check. She has appoved me for bug deflector and window tint though :D

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
DeesT said:
:oops: My wife handles the finances, so that keeps me in check. She has appoved me for bug deflector and window tint though :D

:oops: Yep, I've been approved for the deflector and tint also! :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I hope you "guys" appreciate the restraint I am showing at this point!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
BiXLL said:
I hope you "guys" appreciate the restraint I am showing at this point!
LOL - Then allow me to jump in here.

bull - when my wife says "whatever makes you happy.." that usually means "do it and you will be sleeping in that truck for a week..."

DeesT & Firecracker - my wife handles the check book too (thankfully), only she didn't approve my bug deflector and tonneau cover until I promised to always keep her minivan as clean as my truck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Heh, there are always "terms and conditions" on about anything Cal. I just didnt tell ya what they were on my deflector and tint :p :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts