Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't know how he did it but Eddie the manager of America's Tire in Fullerton, California tracked down 4 Nitto Terra Grapplers 295/70/17 in Texas and they are do to arrive here next week. Now, I have narrowed down my choices to the following three Centerline Wheels. All will be available next week about the same time the tires come in. Make my choice for me. I like them all and they are all the same price. Also, the Stingray III's don't look the same as the photo below in 17 inch so I have attached a photo of Sammy's Titan (from TitanTalk) with the exact wheel and tire combo to give you a better idea. Give it to me . . .

Attachments

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
I like the Stingrays, but that might be because they're mounted and on a truck. That's might vote.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like the stingray III, but thats why I got them. It realy needs to be what you like. I like these for the smooth look.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ensclark said:
I like the stingray III, but thats why I got them. It realy needs to be what you like. I like these for the smooth look.
Any pictures???????? What size Stingrays and what tires did you go with???????????

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Stingrays if I was worried about ease of cleaning. Sniper for looks though.
M4ck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stingrays...

The others will be harder to keep clean with the allen heads on them....they tend to collect surface rust over time as well..

Chris

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Speaking of keeping them clean, have any of you had any luck with a wheel cleaner that really does what it says? I've tried many brands, but have found none that clean a wheel any better than the soap I use for the body.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the same ones that Sammy has,(17x8). I have only used the soap that I use on the truck when I'm washing it. The brake dust is back on them within a day.

Here's a Pic. I still have the stock tires on. I figure I will run these down before getting the Nittos 295s and PRGs lift. Navy life keeps me running around for now so time to get more done is little if any.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
For 4x2, I will go with Snipper.
For 4x4, I will go with Escape

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Escape gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Sniper is cool.

Have you Seen these "Titan" Series Wheels?
http://www.veloxperformance.com/pdut_cat.asp?LineID=7&CateID=21

Or, are you 'stuck' on Centerline?
Ever since I had a Centerline Wheel WARP due to excessive cornering (many Moons ago), I haven't looked back. But, that was back when they were solid center 3-piece designed. (about 20 yrs ago)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, in the end, my lazy side took over and I decided to go with the Stingray III's. I have been out of town since Friday but got a call that the tires and wheels are both in. I will be getting them installed as soon as I get back. I will post pics ASAP! Thanks everyone for the opinions.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
TitanHauler said:
Well, in the end, my lazy side took over and I decided to go with the Stingray III's. I have been out of town since Friday but got a call that the tires and wheels are both in. I will be getting them installed as soon as I get back. I will post pics ASAP! Thanks everyone for the opinions.
Those are going to look great, can't wait to see the pics. 8)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And the saga continues! Apparently the guy who informed me he had found 4 Nitto Terra Grapplers in 295/70/17 was smoking something because what came in was not even close to that size. So, it's back to the drawing board. I will let you all know.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
TitanHauler said:
And the saga continues! Apparently the guy who informed me he had found 4 Nitto Terra Grapplers in 295/70/17 was smoking something because what came in was not even close to that size. So, it's back to the drawing board. I will let you all know.
What is up with the bad Karma with wheels and tires lately?? WOW

1 - 20 of 42 Posts