Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the double sided tape came undone and i need to redo it but not sure how to take it off and i guess i may as well paint it any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
you may need to drop the tail gate, and take off the interior plastic to get to the back of the bib. i don't know how easy it is, but that is where i'd start.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
you may need to drop the tail gate, and take off the interior plastic to get to the back of the bib. i don't know how easy it is, but that is where i'd start.
Yep, Then unhook the latch rods and squeeze the clips, pliers work, and gently pop the bib off.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you mean take the long thin panel off on the side of the tailgate

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
the inside yes. your working from the back of the bib.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks for the info although easy wish it was easier ill give a try

·
Registered
215 Posts
You need to take off the plastic tailgate bed cover, then the metal cover that sits underneath and then the plastic trim cover up on top to remove the bib panel.

There's no need to take the tailgate off to do this, you can R&R the bib panel with the tailgate still attached to the truck.

If you have the Nissan factory bedliner cover on the tailgate, remove the torx screws and the two push-in clips on each side and the plastic panel comes right off. The push-in clips on the side are the hardest part of the job. They fit in real tight. Use some thin insulated wire to get under the head of the clip, then keep wrapping the wire around under the head and pull in a back and forth motion to pull them out. Or, you can just drill/cut the heads off and get new ones if you want.

The metal panel undeneath comes right off at that point. You may have to pry on the upper corners near the top of the tailgate because there's an adhesive strip that attaches the panel to the tailgate trim cover. Once you pull the metal panel off, you can get inside the tailgate and squeeze the V-shaped clips that attach the tailgate trim cover to the top of tailgate. Don't just pull on the cover to release it. If you do, you'll break the clips that are molded on the trim cover.

After that, you can unbolt and pull off the bib panel to replace the adhesive trim tape on the backside. If I were you, I would use 3M VHB brand tape to resecure it. I did this on mine when it started to come loose a few months after I bought it and it has remained tight ever since. I would also recommend using adhesion promoter on the painted metal surface where the adhesive tape will attach the bib panel. This will ensure it won't ever come apart again.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks i will do that my only speed bump however little is that i put a diy roll in bedliner in and i just covered the panel and screws over thinking at the time no need to get in there oh well ill just have to work a lil to get the cover off guess that will teach not to listen to myself

·
Registered
215 Posts
The worst thing you can do is not listen to yourself, you are the smartest person talking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts