Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
depends on how much you care lol....me, i will never own another black vehicle again. they get dirty easy, hard to keep water spots off, shows every imperfection, shows swirl marks like crazy, makes the plastic pieces look like they are fading when their not, and etc. but, the bright side is...yes, the best damn lookin color out there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
For what it's worth, I've had black, silver, gold, dark red and bright red vehicles, and currently have a white Titan. So far, to me anyways, dirty is dirty, doesn't matter what color, I see it, it doesn't hide. The only color I have seen that from a distance doesn't look dirty is that charcoal type color. The thing I like about white is you can really see the dirt disappear when you are washing it and make sure you get all that road grim/bug guts off. It is also rather blinding in the sun when it's good and clean. Just my $.02

·
Registered
612 Posts
Galaxy Black in the sun is just gorgeous. The metallic particles look great. When I bought my Galaxy Black 05 in 08 I already had a Meguiars dual action polishing machine, pads, microfibers, swirl remover, NXT Tech wax, etc. Just keep it clean and go over it every so often with a quick detailer and a microfiber. NEVER take it through a mechanical car wash! Use two buckets to wash it. The first is to keep your soap solution in and the second is for rinsing your sponge before you dip the sponge back into the soap solution. (Otherwise you are taking the dirt and putting it back on and into the paint.) Keep enough wax on it so the swirls go into the wax and not through the wax into the paint. And if you get swirls in the paint, wash it in Dawn to remove the wax, then use the swirl remover with the machine and a polishing pad and then wax with the machine and a finishing pad and you're good to go. Nothing looks as good as black.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Black looks good if you want to put in the time, but it will show imperfection easier also the Titan has a lot of black plastic trim which will eventually fade and look like crap against the black paint, at least it does on my buddies 04.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Black is great when it's clean. Thats usually only for about 15 minutes after washing and waxing it though. I'll never own another one...way too much work if you're a fanatic like me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
pfffft, it shows scratches like crazy, water spots like none other, and unless you never drive it will always be dirty to some extent, but for that breif time right after you wash it, it looks great. I never wipe mine dry instead I use a leaf blower to try to prevent water spots, still get em.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
pfffft, it shows scratches like crazy, water spots like none other, and unless you never drive it will always be dirty to some extent, but for that breif time right after you wash it, it looks great. I never wipe mine dry instead I use a leaf blower to try to prevent water spots, still get em.
Never thought of a leaf blower, thats a good idea.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like that leaf blower idea as well. Now I have an excuse to pull mine out of the box before the leaves fall... and year round.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It does look great when you keep up with the washing and waxing. With that said, pick up alot of micro-fiber, maybe a buffer, and the wax i was is Turtle Wax "The Black Box," made for just black cars. I use this on my truck and it makes the truck look brand new and even works good for the chrome pieces as well. Its kind of a process to put on, but you will not be disappointed......

·
Registered
612 Posts
Those black GTS headlight covers look great on a black T.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i use "The Absorber"...that thing is amazing and will get rid of nearly all water spots(if your fast lol). i used it when i had my blue T also, which is close to as bad as black, and didnt have a single water spot. you can buy it at autozone for just a few bucks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i use "The Absorber"...that thing is amazing and will get rid of nearly all water spots(if your fast lol). i used it when i had my blue T also, which is close to as bad as black, and didnt have a single water spot. you can buy it at autozone for just a few bucks.
HAHA "The Absorber" sounds like the title to a classic horror film. I'll have to look for this cause washing your car in AZ is a pain with watermarks lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
it looks like this....comes in many colors if you care
i would recommend this to everyone

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Galaxy black is the hardest to keep clean because it just attracts dust particles like crazy. But on the other hand, as soon youre done washing it down, the metallic paint just sparkles under the sun. When Im done, I always do a double take.

·
Registered
4 Posts
black baby

I love my Galaxy black titan. But it took me 12 hours to get all the spider scratches out with 3 cuts of compounding (two medium cuts, then a fine cut), then polishing, then tech wax, then top coat of pure carnuba. Drop dead gorgeous, but takes A LOT of work to maintain. My trucks color is so deep it looks like you can fall into it. I dry it by hand after every wash to avoid spots using a quick detailer and several clean microfiber clothes, re-wax it every 6 months or so and only have to repolish the troublesome areas yearly.
I may never get another Black one. It's beautiful, but I've got other hobbies now.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got the absorber and its awesome, i too recommend to fellow galaxy black owners. I even used it on my motorcycle which has alot of chrome and black paint and works awesome!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts