Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys!

It has been a while since I have posted a-How to Thread, the last time I did was when I changed my Titan from a column shifter to a floor shifter and everything is still going great. I always like to tinker with things and always try to do a mod that people want to do but are afraid to because it seems too hard. I have an 04' CC XE that I bought used and was lucky enough that it came with a convienance package that includes power windows, midline stereo and a tow package. I just hated looking at my plain ol' rear view mirror and seeing the other options that the 04' SE and LE'S came with that made me wish my truck had it. What I did is install an oem Auto Dimming Mirror and istalled the oem Homelink and Compass-Temperature panel on the overhead cosole. I did'nt want to take the easy way out and install the Mirror that the dealer sells with all these options, to me it does not look as nice. I tried searching for threads to see if this has ever been done and I read a few that gave up because it became too much when it came to the wiring. I purchased the parts on E-BAY except for the harness's and to make it easier I ordered them from the dealer, I used the VIN number from an SE that came with those options to make it easier.
You will need to buy the entire console if you cant find the panel alone off of E-BAY or at the Wrecking yard since the dealer only sells it complete and it's expensive. You also need to find a used auto dim mirror, I found mine on E-BAY-Rockford Auto. You also need to buy a sub-roof harness and the smaller room lamp harness this fits behind the console and connects the room lamps and provides the wires for the compass, homelink and temperature sensor, these harnesses are found in SE and LE models. All XE's do not come with those necessary wires so you have to jump the wires in order to get what you need, I found it easier to do this at the passenger side kick panel where it connects to the main harness. I will list the Nissan part numbers for the two harnesses, they dont cost much but are a must since the actual XE harness is missing the following essential wires needed.

Pink-used for SSV connect this to the white with red stripe behind radio face panel-this is used for the compass.
Yellow/Red stripe -Constant 12 Volt power used for the homelink
Green/White stripe- Reverse Signal wire-found in the engine fuse box used for the auto dim mirror so it does not dim while backing up.
Green/Red Stripe-Supplies power[switched with key] at the room lamp connector for both the mirror and compass and temperature.
Violet/Red stripe-connects to Ambient temperature sensor
Blue/Red stripe- connects to Ambient temperature sensor
I will continue the thread later:thumbsup-big:

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Continuation:

Sorry I was up late and very tired last night when I started the thread. I want to continue for those interested.

If you look at the pictures on the first thread you will see the compass and temp panel installed on my overhead console. I allready had the overhead console but it took a while to find the compass, I actually spent $40 bucks for it from LKQ on E-Bay. The other picture above shows the roof sub-harness that I purchased new from Nissan and like I said I used the VIN number from the truck that had the compass I bought from LKQ to make sure I had the right harness. Now if you see the pictures on this thread you will see both the new roof sub harness and the room lamp harness that I purchased, without these you cant do the mod nicely unless you cut off the connectors and then it would look terrible and messy.
Harness part#'s from Nissan
[*]24167-ZH000 room lamp
[*]24160-ZC30A sub-roof harness

I had found an extra sub roof harness here at my local wrecking yard which I used and seperated the primary wires that I mentioned on my last thread to make up my own harness to connect at the lower kick panel side and to their respective item or wires. I have a picture below where it shows I put them together and wrapped them in tape. I did this for many reasons because I myself did not want to just go out and buy a different color wire, I wanted to stick with the oem wiring colors.
Next, I removed my original sub harness from the roof down to the pass lower kick panel, and replaced it with the new one. The new harness comes with all the push connectors to hold it in place it is however a little hard running down along the pillar below the dash. The lower connector attaches to the white plastic that holds all the harnesses just where the old one attached and the upper roof connector attaches to the new room lamp harness. You will have to first remove the old one from the back of the console and then install the new one. I have a picture that shows the new harness connected and connected to the lamp, compass and the homelink below. After I connected the harnesses together I put the console back on since I made no cuts-or connections at the roof all my connections are made at the lower end connector kick panel side. I have a picture below that shows me holding the lower plug in my hand to show the connections, what I did was splice in right behind the connector on the new sub harness. I did not wanto use wire taps since I have had issues with them in the past instead I splice and solder for a good connection. So after doing that I seperated the wires of the harness that I made up myself and ran my connections, I connected the pink (SSV) wire to the white /red stripe wire to the connector behind the stereo face plate. I connected the hot yellow/red stripe wire to a hot at all times black/red wire at the cabin fuse box. You need to connect the green with red to the other green/red on the same harness since one is for the mirror and the other is for the compass and temp to only work with the key, you will see the other green/red wire at the harness end to connect it to. I ran the green/white (reverse) wire for the mirror along with the violet/red, blue/red together thru the cabin into the engine compartment. The green/white I connected the the green/white under the fuse box that holds the reverse fuse, the violet/red and blue/red I ran to the front of the truck and above the fan where the ambient temp is mounted. I have not actually installed it yet but just ran the wire and have it set to just plug in oh' and by the way I first need to find a connector that will connect to it. When I do find one I will post it but for now I just wont have a temp reading. Make sure to tape all the wire s good and use wire ties to make it nice and neat. The last picture you will see it working and only showing dashes for the temp since I have not connected the sensor yet. The mirror works great and I love it, you can tell the difference if you never had one and it does not dim when the truck is in reverse. You have to press the mode button for about 10 seconds to reset the compass and keep hitting mode until you get to number four for the zone we are in. I then proceeded to set up the homelink by pressing the two outer buttons to clear the previous codes and followed the rest of the instructions in the owners manual and there it is! perfect! I love my new mod and will continue it when I finally finish hooking up the temp sensor, I had to order it from Nissan and will have by the end of next week so until then...
I will be happy to answer any questions that anyone has if they need extra help at anytime if they want to do the mod, it is not hard you just have to get the right parts. Betos phone pics 014.jpg

Betos phone pics 010.jpg

Betos phone pics 012.jpg

Betos phone pics 013.jpg

Betos phone pics 015.jpg

Betos phone pics 016.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
good job on the post, I will move it to the "How To" section

1 - 4 of 4 Posts