·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading and reseting the SES light

OK, here's another one.

In car ECM Diagnostics/ECM Reset procedure:

1) Sit in the driver's seat.
2) Turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)
3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.
4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds until the SES light flashes.
5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.

Long flashes (0.6 seconds) indicate the first digit of the code; count the blinks one through nine and write down the first digit. (Ten blinks indicates a zero.)
The next three digits follow in turn in the same fashion except with faster blinks (0.3 second) and a 1.0-second pause between digits.

The ECM code repeats intself until you turn the ignition key to the OFF position, at which point the ECM resets itself to standard get-in-and-drive-the-car mode.

Additionally, if you get four blinks of ten (0000), the ECM is indicating no malfunction.

You can clear the code (and the annoying SES light) by holding down the accelerator pedal for more than 10 seconds while the SES light is blinking. When you release the pedal, the ECM erases the trouble code(s).

·
Banned
775 Posts
Yup samem with the 350Z, I'll bet all Newer Nissans are the smae in that fashion

·
Registered
104 Posts
So if i reset the light by pressing the gas and waiting for the SES light to blink and then press the gas for 10 more seconds it should reset the engine code, and shut off the light. The nissan dealer said i needed a new sensor because welding on my headers fried it, the AE sensor wasn't even installed when the welding occured. My guess it when the engine was fired up without the AE sensors in place, It took a false reading and caused the light to come on correct. Guess i'll see this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
this helped a bunch. I have to go back to the dealer cause the dealer actually charged me to reset it saying my gas cap was loose. the funny thing is that it turned on after 200 miles of driving and a few gas tanks after reseting. just turned on again after 100 miles and 5 days of driving

·
Shift_Pee Wee
1,782 Posts
Can someone post a list of what each code is?

Or provide a link to a page?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
anybody have a link to the list for the codes?

Thanx

·
Banned
3,679 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Thank you got titan. :udaman:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Looking at that list, it's referencing generic codes. If you post the code that you retrieved then we can look at the service manual and tell you what it references.

·
Registered
639 Posts
This is self-diagnostic info that should be published in the User Manual. Talk about helpful! You guys ROCK!

·
Banned
251 Posts
Slurppie said:
Looking at that list, it's referencing generic codes. If you post the code that you retrieved then we can look at the service manual and tell you what it references.
I have the factory service manual and dont see information on diagnostic codes and thier meaning. what section are they listed in?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts