Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Just one more Reasson why Club Titan ROCKS!!!! Out of no where this stupid light starts blinking and I was just about to make an appointment at the stealership to get them to look at this.. Reset the first shot!

Saved myself a whole lotta time! Thanks Guys! and Gals!

Never had a probelm with his on my 04 just had to reset my 08 that i have had for a month... saved me from going to the stealership to have them look at it!

CT is the Best!!

i have to say this topic fixed one of my problems ive been lookking at that light for 4 months.. now my back up sensors shut off and my switch lights up saying there off..... anyone kno whats wrong? oh and it works when i 1st put it in reverse then ill hear 3 beeps or so then shut itself off.. anyone know how to fix?

QWIKWHIP said:
If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

I have stock stereo, no off roading, and my light came on (blinking)--

I tried this about 4 times. It does blink slower after the third time of (5 mississippi) ,, but only for about three blink cycles, then it goes back to the fast blinking..

Anyone know of another trouble shooting tip.. Anyone know where the plugs are located, to see if any are loose. I checked the Air bag fuse, it is fine.

Please help!

What if this doesnt work.. I did this a few times.. I could get it blink in the slower (diagnosis mode)--- but only for a few blinks, then it started blinking fast again..

I still turned it off for another 5 seconds and turned back on,, but the light went back to flashing (fast) AGAIN.

Dealership is charging me 80 bucks diagnostic cost ( will subtract from the total if I pay to fix the problem.)

said it could be anywhere from 100 bucks to 1200 bucks, depends on what the problem is.

OK,
I did this procedure and it seems to have worked. The light does not blink any longer. I am wondering what would cause this to happen? Is there anything else associated with this initial indication that there is something wrong?

In any event, this worked....thanks a million QWIKWHIP, you da man. And thanks to the rest of you who responded....those were very quick responses.
Any time you take the front of your dash apart it causes the airbag light to flash until you reset it. So if you've worked on your radio or something it could've caused it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.