Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the awesome response from the Titan crowd at the titan meet. I thought it would be appropriate to show how to suede your a-pillars.

Use a high quality de-greaser then wash/rinse repeat until u get any dirt. That may have attached itself to the pillars due to weather etc off. Use a flat pry tool and barely pry on the plastic. As they tend to break off easily due to age.
There's (2) 10mm bolts on each handlebar, that you will need to un-bolt.

Use Super-77 adhesive on the pillars. Make sure to spray a healthy amount on the corners of the a-pillars to insure under heat. It doesn't seperate.

Once done. It should look like this. But make sure that where the handlebars go in. You put a nice coating on the back side and make slight slits to push the suede inward. Also roll your hands over the entire piece. To make sure any air bubbles are not there.

Finished Product..

Have fun u guys :thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Nice!!..:)

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Pretty wicked, how does the suede hold up? Does it get dirty after awhile?

·
Registered
675 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Nice write up bro. I'm going to have to do mine too! Where can you find the suede material for a good price? How hard was it to do the headliner?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty wicked, how does the suede hold up? Does it get dirty after awhile?
The suede is holding up just fine. Like i said just put enough coating on the actual pillar itself so it holds the suede. It gets dirty but mine hasn't yet. Just use a non abrasive towel on the suede and never get water near it. Otherwise it'll ruin it.

Nice write up bro. I'm going to have to do mine too! Where can you find the suede material for a good price? How hard was it to do the headliner?
See if there's a Joann's fabrics around you. Or another quality upholstery shop. If you want man, i'll be back in tampa soon. Just let me know and we can tackle ur headliner & a-pillars.

But its a moderate task just because of the bends within the headliner & a-pillar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts