Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Going to get a bull bar for Christmas, but I am torn between the stainless (chrome) or the black.

Did a lot of searching and came up with a lot of pics!

What I am wondering about, is how are these bars holding up over time? Are the black ones fading? Chrome having problems?

Thoughts please! Thanks!

-Lab

(BTW, it FINALLY snowed here in Colorado!)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've seen the Westin on other trucks and they still look really good after several years although rust can be found around the joints and so forth... My OEM is powdercoated black, shows no signs of fading whatsoever, and no rust can be found anywhere on it... If you get the black one and have problems years later, I would think you can always have it powdercoated again...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get the black one and have problems years later, I would think you can always have it powdercoated again...
Thanks Pops! This was my thinking as well. I just wish the chrome one didn't look so darn good! Arg!

-Lab

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Given the crap they put on the roads here in the winter and what it has done to the faux chrome on my Titan and the real chrome wheels on my wife's minivan I personally will avoid chrome like the plague. That said, my Titan's so good looking that I could put a turd on the front bumper and it would look great.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chrome looks good for "show"

Black looks more like "go"!

Flip a quarter anyone?

Thanks Pops for the pics!

-Lab

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Pops' bumper looks awesome. I vote black. I think it would look great with the color of your truck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts