Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a hydraulic set up for their winch? I have heard that this set up is much more capable then the electric one? Any input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I've heard the same thing. But I wasn't willing to dig into the power steering system to make it happen. Given the lack of quality of my Mile Marker electric winch I would give the hydraulic winch a hard look next time I'm in the market.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had a 10,000 lb Mile Marker winch on my f-150 I sold a couple of years ago and it was always far more reliable than everyone else I knew of that had electric winches of various brands. The one downfall is the one I had was not movable as in I couldnt use it attached to my receiver hitch. I used mine in situations where it was completely under mud and water and it worked great. The hydraulic winches work as long as you dont stall the engine which is very possible if you get into deeper water. NO ENGINE=NO WINCH

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point cayers1122 although I dont think I will be doing any submerged roading in the future without a snorkel. But you never no how deep those mud holes are do you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts