Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wind up having to work on the holiday. Just sucks to have to be the only person that gets stuck working every holiday almost. I have got to win the lotto or something so I can stay at home and hang around the forums all day. LOL . Well you guys that dont have to work today I hope you have a great day off and think about poor old M4ck while he is slaving away behind a desk at work.
have a good one guys
M4ck

·
Registered
507 Posts
Don't feel bad. You aren’t the only Titan owner working today.

I'M NOT WORKING, but I'm sure some other poor sap who owns a Titan is!!! LOL JKM :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I'll be thinkin of you "workin stiffs" as I drive my Titan over to pick up my grandaughters to take them out for an afternoon of tubing behind the boat. berhahahahaha! :twisted:

·
Registered
507 Posts
BiXLL said:
I'll be thinkin of you "workin stiffs" as I drive my Titan over to pick up my grandaughters to take them out for an afternoon of tubing behind the boat. berhahahahaha! :twisted:
That's just wrong!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k9mrussell said:
BiXLL said:
That's just wrong!!! LOL
You got that right. Man that just hurts boy. LOl
Hope you have fun and don't worry too much about M4ck slaving away. Grrrrr
hehehe
M4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
M4ck, actually I am obligated to rub this in! You and I are in the same industry, and you know I ain't lieing when I say I have worked Thanksgiving day, and Christmas eve night, and Christmas night, the last five years!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BiXLL said:
M4ck, actually I am obligated to rub this in! You and I are in the same industry, and you know I ain't lieing when I say I have worked Thanksgiving day, and Christmas eve night, and Christmas night, the last five years!
Oh I know. But remember I have too. Lol.
Well until I become financially independent then I guess I'll be working whenever "The Man" tells me to. Oh well such is life. No wait maybe that "sucky life" hehe
M4ck

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
If it makes you feel any better I had to work holidays for the first 13 years of my career!! Now that I have enough senority I get them all off, it sucks but hopefully as you get more time with the company you'll get them off. I'll get back to being my lazy self today... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Seniority has little to do with it. The freights gotta go!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JetTech said:
If it makes you feel any better I had to work holidays for the first 13 years of my career!! Now that I have enough senority I get them all off, it sucks but hopefully as you get more time with the company you'll get them off. I'll get back to being my lazy self today... :lol:
I have worked at same place for 12 yrs now. They gave me the shaft when I took my job I have now. They put me on sallary which is nice unless I have to work a lot overtime and then dont get paid. But when they put me on sallary they took all my seniority and I lost 2 weeks of my 3 weeks vacation. I was told it was because I changed positions. Tell me does that suck or what. Work your butt off for a place then they act like they are rewarding you then take half the stuff you have worked your butt off to get away from you.
M4ck

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Man, That bites!!!

I'm only working today because we had 2 planes departing,that broke on the ramp (go figure) and I was the Inspector on call.

SO, let's see, that's $100 call out, Reg. Holiday pay, Overtime......$$$$
Have to keep it under 15 hours a week or taxes cost too much.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
They put me on sallary which is nice unless I have to work a lot overtime and then dont get paid. But when they put me on sallary they took all my seniority and I lost 2 weeks of my 3 weeks vacation. I was told it was because I changed positions
Oh man, they played you for sure! Thats just not right! That is exactly why I stayed as a lowly driver, represented by the Teamsters Union, when the offerd me "Operations Manager".(glorified clerk that does all the work, gets all the grief when things go worng, gets no credit when things go right)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BiXLL said:
They put me on sallary which is nice unless I have to work a lot overtime and then dont get paid. But when they put me on sallary they took all my seniority and I lost 2 weeks of my 3 weeks vacation. I was told it was because I changed positions
Oh man, they played you for sure! Thats just not right! That is exactly why I stayed as a lowly driver, represented by the Teamsters Union, when the offerd me "Operations Manager".(glorified clerk that does all the work, gets all the grief when things go worng, gets no credit when things go right)
Your not making me feal better here Bill. LOL
I believe if you keep talking to me I'll wind up quitting.
HEHEH
m4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I'm sorry man, I'll shut up!...........Well I tried to anyway. OK, make m4ck feel better......uh, your bosses really think a lot of you and would be lost without you. The guys that work for you think your the best boss there. The job is actually quite self gratifying.

Did that help? :)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BiXLL said:
I'm sorry man, I'll shut up!...........Well I tried to anyway. OK, make m4ck feel better......uh, your bosses really think a lot of you and would be lost without you. The guys that work for you think your the best boss there. The job is actually quite self gratifying.

Did that help? :)
Umm No
lOL
m4ck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts