Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever meet a ford/dodge/chevy guy that flat out told you that you own a "sh*tty Nissan"

..and they drive a 12yr old, beat up honda.

I just laughed yesturday and walked away.

·
High Road Rider
1,009 Posts
Nah, only my friends do that, the same friends who drive 80's chevys and beat up fords. No dicktards so far have talked smack that I didn't know

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had a guy riding a Harley yesterday pull me over because he wanted to look at my truck. He said it was the nicest truck he had ever seen. I have not done anything to it yet, just a dark grey 2010 pro-4x loaded.
lol I had a tundra owner tell me that!

·
Registered
317 Posts
i get told that all the time...i just ignore it. i dont need others approval...i love my T.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha I just found it really funny. This guy wants to buy an F150 so bad, just can't afford it (clearly)

and yet has the nuts to tell me my truck is a hunk of junk.

People these days..

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I had a guy teasing me at work about it and my "jap" bike. Acouple years later he driving Subaru to work, I nailed him hard!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I get it from the old timers. "Back in MY day, if we saw that on a job site, we'd flip it over." "but its a nice truck though." lol. Never get bashed over the quality of the truck. just the background of the company. I could go on and tell you many stories on why NOT buy a titan. but none of them have ANY thing to do with the titan it self. strange ain't it?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I tell them it's really a Datsun. Most people can't believe my truck is over 6 years old. they say it look new. All's I really do is keep it clean and wax it twice a year.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Never had anyone with balls tell me that... yet.... I am sure they think it though, especially the Toyota drivers who are next to me at a red light in their 1997 Corolla. lmfao oh well, when I hit the gas pedal it erases all their little smirks.

oh, I had a guy (in his 40's) try to pass me going up a little hill about a mile long that stretches from Home Depot to a gas station where I live. I had a full pallet of concrete (CMU) blocks (8X8X16) and once I hit the base of the little hill, the guy takes the passing lane in what looked to be a 1990 box type Nissan Sentra (blowing black smoke).... Although I was not pushing the truck hard, I still maintained 40mph and I guess it really freaked out the guy because ALL he kept doing was looking over at me to see if my Titan will bog down. LMFAO You had to be there to see his face through his windshield, it was the funniest thing ever because he couldn't pass me, or may be he was saying, "WTF does that truck have in it". lol I did this before I had the Hellwig helper springs in. I'm sure that guy will never look at a Titan the same way again.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never had anyone with balls tell me that... yet.... I am sure they think it though, especially the Toyota drivers who are next to me at a red light in their 1997 Corolla. lmfao oh well, when I hit the gas pedal it erases all their little smirks.

oh, I had a guy (in his 40's) try to pass me going up a little hill about a mile long that stretches from Home Depot to a gas station where I live. I had a full pallet of concrete (CMU) blocks (8X8X16) and once I hit the base of the little hill, the guy takes the passing lane in what looked to be a 1990 box type Nissan Sentra (blowing black smoke).... Although I was not pushing the truck hard, I still maintained 40mph and I guess it really freaked out the guy because ALL he kept doing was looking over at me to see if my Titan will bog down. LMFAO You had to be there to see his face through his windshield, it was the funniest thing ever because he couldn't pass me, or may be he was saying, "WTF does that truck have in it". lol I did this before I had the Hellwig helper springs in. I'm sure that guy will never look at a Titan the same way again.
Haha that's epic!

:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tell them it's really a Datsun. Most people can't believe my truck is over 6 years old. they say it look new. All's I really do is keep it clean and wax it twice a year.
You know..I drove my 20yr old truck to work for a few months (started a new job) and my co-worker knew the history of it, and that it was my truck. So once it started warming up, I drove the Titan to work. He was boggled for awhile on how I was at work, but my truck wasn't. Told him I drove my other truck and he asked what that was.. he too also said my truck looks nearly brand new after I told him how old it was :)

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
same here jarvis and john. guys jump on me and say, "you apprentices are out buying new trucks! it must be nice. you should save your money." until i tell them the truck is 6 yrs old. then its silence.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
if i had someone tell me that i would respond back with one of 2 things, 1 "well lets run them and see who has the bigger piece of crap" or 2 a baceball bat LOL!!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
same here jarvis and john. guys jump on me and say, "you apprentices are out buying new trucks! it must be nice. you should save your money." until i tell them the truck is 6 yrs old. then its silence.
I always found this to be interesting.. "save your money".... I'm living for today LOL ofcourse I'll plan for my retirment, but who's to say I die next week? To enjoy life, you have to enjoy it every step of the way. no need to live in a crappy shack with a crappy car, to turn 65 an turn around and buy a huge home with a few lambos in the driveway....

Which goes to my next point.. The Titan does look good for a possible 6yr old truck. You don't see em everywhere (at least in CO) but I kinda like that - If I drove an F150, I'd see the same truck at least once a day. No fun in that.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
correct again Jarvis. and that's also a line i use Scorpion. guys hate it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's the biggest thing I like about owning a Titan. You don't see the same truck on every street corner and mall parking lot. Add a few custom touches here and there, like I did with mine, and you literally have a one-of-a-kind truck in a sea of almost identical Tundras, Silverados/Sierras/F-150's and older pre '09 Rams. Even the 4x4 lifted ones seem to follow the same exact prescription for appearance mods.

The strange thing about this area is I never get any compliments on my truck. I don't even get "acknowledgements" from other Titan drivers on the road. They just look straight ahead oblivious to it all like I'm driving a Kia or something. I don't know, it must be something about the people here in So. Cal.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's the biggest thing I like about owning a Titan. You don't see the same truck on every street corner and mall parking lot. Add a few custom touches here and there, like I did with mine, and you literally have a one-of-a-kind truck in a sea of almost identical Tundras, Silverados/Sierras/F-150's and older pre '09 Rams. Even the 4x4 lifted ones seem to follow the same exact prescription for appearance mods.

The strange thing about this area is I never get any compliments on my truck. I don't even get "acknowledgements" from other Titan drivers on the road. They just look straight ahead oblivious to it all like I'm driving a Kia or something. I don't know, it must be something about the people here in So. Cal.
At the end of the day though, as long as you're happy driving it. That's all that really matters.. the compliments/looks are an added bonus.

I think if I saw a Titan on every street corner, I'd probably do the QX56 front end conversion on it lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.