Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will my stock 2005 titan 2wd crew cab with 2.93 rear axle do on the 1/4. Im just curious and know yall would have some numbers. I just bought the bullydog three and plan to add s&b CAI and jba cat back later this summer. It amazes me what these motors will do without internal mods. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mid 15's at 88-89mph. Some magazines have it listed as fast as 15.2, but i think mid 15's is probably more accurate.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Had a tundra with a 4.6l pull me on interstate from a 60 mph punch. Kinda hurt my pride a bit. The guy did have factory catback system but that's all he said. So, I ordered a bullydog three and plan on cai and jba in the near future. Wish I could have ran him from a stop light instead.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No its not a debaged 5.7. I carpool with the owner to work and the only thing visual on the truck is the factory performance exhaust. His truck showing an average of 20.5 mpg on the dash readout, ain't no 5.7 gonna do that. It surprised me when he jumped out in front about a truck length and stayed there till we both let up at 100mph. I want to run him from a stop and see what the titan will do. His truck has a 4.10 rear axle with 6 speed tranny. He used to have a 2005 maxima and I could beat it in the 1/4 mile. He doesn't know I just ordered a bullydog.....:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
My best is 15.256 with the Injen CAI, Magnaflow muffler swap, and 2* timing advance. 06 CC 2wd.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
No its not a debaged 5.7. I carpool with the owner to work and the only thing visual on the truck is the factory performance exhaust. His truck showing an average of 20.5 mpg on the dash readout, ain't no 5.7 gonna do that. It surprised me when he jumped out in front about a truck length and stayed there till we both let up at 100mph. I want to run him from a stop and see what the titan will do. His truck has a 4.10 rear axle with 6 speed tranny. He used to have a 2005 maxima and I could beat it in the 1/4 mile. He doesn't know I just ordered a bullydog.....:)
He probly had a programmer you can see....like me, you can't tell I have one just by looking there is nothing hooked up

When you get your programmer your truck is gana wake up....just try to stay off the gas a little on a take off with it, all your gana do it burn the tires :scheibe-big:

·
Registered
88 Posts
A 4.6 should have never pulled you at any speed! You need to upgrade your exhaust to a 2.25/3 flowmaster Y collector to a 3" magnaflow muffler and get that tuner on order!! Our exhaust is so restrictive on the 04-06 titans. I gained .4 with a flowmaster Y and magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well since then I added a s&b cai, jba catback and bdgt. Im ready now lol... my truck is a differant beast now. I don't think he can run with my titan now.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well since then I added a s&b cai, jba catback and bdgt. Im ready now lol... my truck is a differant beast now. I don't think he can run with my titan now.
Well......let us know how it unfolds.....pleas!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
go after him from 30mph rather than 60

1 - 12 of 12 Posts