Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad to have found sites that have more TITAN owners. For the longest time I thought there were none. I knew that was wrong.
I have been a TITAN owner now for 4 months, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could enjoy a truck so much. I had owned a 99' frontier for 4 years and loved it.
While on vacation in South America, I saw my dream truck. Smoke TITAN XE CC 4X4, only diesel. That was in 2001. I now own the same truck I fell in love with in South America.( not diesel )
Since that moment I did alot of research and waiting and found several in Austalia and in Japan. I knew the American realease would be full of bugs, cause the US govn't can't leave good for other countries alone. So I waited more than a year after the American release in winter of 2003.
After the manufacturing problems, for the most part, have been worked out I spent my $30,000 to have the truck I hope to die driving.

I am going to start this quote. I just thought it up, but some one else has probably a claim to it.

" If love was perfect, then everyone would have it. The TITAN is this love. "

This truck is my 3Rd love.
And I introduce myself today 8) . I hope to enjoy the brotherhood, not to exclude the ladies :wink:

I live in western Oregon
Old Mercury outboards are my passon
My TITAN is my Obsession.
My kids are my life

*TITAN XE CC 4X4
*Born 06/04
*Final adoption 09/04
*Current miles 5065
*Mods: replaced cluth fan with home electric kit, Painted stock silver wheels FLATBLACK :mrgreen: Ie. my nick.
*Soon 2.5" leveling kit in the front end

** My thanks to the moderators and the makers of this site **

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Welcome flatblack and I'm glad you found us. I hope you post some pics of your obsession, that's pretty much mandatory around here... :lol:

Anyhow enjoy yourself and I hope you post often.

Did you say that you saw a Titan Diesel in 2001???? That is completely a new on me..

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Nice introduction. Cant wait to see pics. Glad you found our place here. Welcome aboard keep posting.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hey FlatBack,

Welcome!!!

Glad to see some creative ideas for coping with the brakedust :D :D :D

Yea, post some pics please. I've always liked black rims and it would be great to see how they look on your truck.

Long Live the TITAN!!!

Chief

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I put some of the smaller pics I have on the gallery. I am just trying to get the feel for this. I have a webshots account but forgot the password :oops:
One thing nice about living in the Willamette valley is I get sand and snow less than 50 miles away in the winter.
Enjoy the pics. I will try and make some others I have smaller to pist soon.

About the flat black rims, I did it cause I just did not like the stock look rims ** YUCK **. Never though of the brake dust thing. I don't usually concern with brake dust cause I try to stay out of the populated red green madness. :evil:
I am a country boy and like to keep it that way. And yes my TITAN STAYS DIRTY I LIKE HER THAT WAY...She is my work truck.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kinda odd question but....

this is something I noticed under our handles is the Shift_******, what are these to represent?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
There are several different stages of Shift_ the more you post the cooler they get. You will be an Enthusiast before you know it.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
FlatBlack said:
I am so glad to have found sites that have more TITAN owners. For the longest time I thought there were none. I knew that was wrong.
I have been a TITAN owner now for 4 months, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could enjoy a truck so much. I had owned a 99' frontier for 4 years and loved it.
While on vacation in South America, I saw my dream truck. Smoke TITAN XE CC 4X4, only diesel. That was in 2001. I now own the same truck I fell in love with in South America.( not diesel )
Since that moment I did alot of research and waiting and found several in Austalia and in Japan. I knew the American realease would be full of bugs, cause the US govn't can't leave good for other countries alone. So I waited more than a year after the American release in winter of 2003.
After the manufacturing problems, for the most part, have been worked out I spent my $30,000 to have the truck I hope to die driving.

I am going to start this quote. I just thought it up, but some one else has probably a claim to it.

" If love was perfect, then everyone would have it. The TITAN is this love. "

This truck is my 3Rd love.
And I introduce myself today 8) . I hope to enjoy the brotherhood, not to exclude the ladies :wink:

I live in western Oregon
Old Mercury outboards are my passon
My TITAN is my Obsession.
My kids are my life

*TITAN XE CC 4X4
*Born 06/04
*Final adoption 09/04
*Current miles 5065
*Mods: replaced cluth fan with home electric kit, Painted stock silver wheels FLATBLACK :mrgreen: Ie. my nick.
*Soon 2.5" leveling kit in the front end

** My thanks to the moderators and the makers of this site **
Well, that's some intro!!!
I wanna know about the Pre-American Titans 8O

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Bye the way.....Welcome to Club Titan.

Deb

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pre-American Test/Release

Late 2000 Nissan let 125 early style titans out to exotic market, for testing. 50 had the Endurance motor and the rest had a big 4 Cyl diesel. I think it was a 3.5 l ( not for sure, just runor ).
I still have not found any wite papers on these 125 exotics,but I know in Sept. 01 what I saw was a TITAN.
After much searching and MUCH more dissapointment I found one on the t.v. on some nature show in Australia. That was late 2002, like Nov. or Dec.. I knew then the TITAN was on the market within 15 months. So more searching and no luck I stumbled on to a site in Japan that had a TITAN on the home page. Contacted the admin and got in touch with the owner of the TITAN. Sure enough it had a 4 cyl. diesel.
After many emails and some more pics I learned that the main test bed for the TITAN was in some remote place it north east Russia. Cold weather testing was also done in Barrow and some in Nome Alaska. This was just about the same time Toyota was testing the lexus SUV thingy. I am still trying to find one of the testers of the TITAN.
So thats my storie and I'm stickin' to it, and as soon as I find the early wite papers I will for sure get then up. Cause a storie is just that without some fact on paper :wink: RIGHT :!: :!: :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
heh at least its a cool storie. Would be really cool if you could find some of that stuff though. I know Nissan is saying they don't plan to make a diesel Titan in the near future. I hope they do in a few years because I believe they would kill the big three's offerings. Let us know if you ever come across any of the stuff you are looking for.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I realize there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people. :idea: But I have to ask anyway since all you guys got it figured out and I don't,

How do you put your own pic as an avatar????

Chief

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Chief said:
I realize there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people. :idea: But I have to ask anyway since all you guys got it figured out and I don't,

How do you put your own pic as an avatar????

Chief
Chief
while you are in the forums. Go to the top right side you will see these " Main FAQ UserGroups MemberList Profile PM" click on profile. at the bottom of the page you will see a place for you to upload your own. Hope that helps.
m4ck

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thanks m4ck,

You're always there in times of need :D :D :D

Chief

1 - 15 of 15 Posts