Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working very hard on the Gibson/Volant test/review. My problem is that my dyno numbers aren't worth the paper they are printed on. After the first base line run, Jet Tech and I went over the graphs and new that the numbers were very low. Seeing as how this is the only dyno even close to me (it is 72 miles away, about 1 hour 20 min drive) we decided that even though the numbers were low on the base run, we would be able to show the gains after each mod. Well, I went back after the exhaust was installed, went back after the Volant was installed twice! (the first time, I sat in the waiting area for almost 1 1/2 hours untill they told me they could not get to me today!) Once all the runs were done, we looked at them again, and they are useless! The graphs are not consistant at all, even showing 2 and 3 torque spikes with no downshifting! I even went and had my truck put on the Consult 2 to make sure there were no problems with it! The torque and HP curves are not connecting at the 5200 rpm range, and max torque is shown in a different rpm range with each run! Basicly, USELESS!

The only way I can think of at this point to be able to complete this article, and show what kind of gains that can be expected is to ask you all for some help. I would like for anyone that has done a exhaust only mod dyno, and exhaust and Volant dyno, to send me their gains, or dyno sheets. If I can get a few of them, I will average them out and report them as to what to expect in the article.

I am VERY sorry that I could not complete this as planned, but trust me, I have put a lot of time and money in trying to do this right! In all honesty, I am sick over the entire mess!

Any and all help you guys can give me in completing this would be appreciated more then you will ever know.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
am i correct that you went to a mustang dyno and not a dyno jet dyno right? if so ive heard that those are the best(most accurate) dyno's out there and dont misfunction. were the tires slipping on the dyno at all, causing spikes? can we see the graphs?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i guess i just looked at your base line runs, and those #'s seem kinda low. i do see what your talkin about between the 2 tq graphs being so far apart, the hp graphs dont look as bad though. do your other graphs even line up with those spikes at all?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
yep your right useless. does the truck feel or act like the power is different in different rpm's. butt dyno say its faster? im sorry to here this didnt turn out , hope you are at least happy with the outcome of your truck(sound + feel)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
yep your right useless. does the truck feel or act like the power is different in different rpm's. butt dyno say its faster? im sorry to here this didnt turn out , hope you are at least happy with the outcome of your truck(sound + feel)
The truck feels and acts fantastic! I had the consult run just to make sure. There is no question that the truck is much faster, and the sound is perfect for me. It would probably be considered too tame for the younger guys, but I all ready had plenty of vehicles that gave me headaches after a 30 min ride, too old for that! It defiantly draws attention when I jump on it though! I could not be more pleased with the results of putting the exhaust and intake on, and for the older members, you know I had planned on doing none of it in the beginning. That is part of what makes it so frustrating for me, I really wanted to be able to not only recommend, but document these modifications.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
did you put the resonator in? i had mine in for the longest time and just removed it. its defintly louder outside but not in the cab, untill the windows are down :lol:

·
Registered
172 Posts
BiXLL said:
The only way I can think of at this point to be able to complete this article, and show what kind of gains that can be expected is to ask you all for some help. I would like for anyone that has done a exhaust only mod dyno, and exhaust and Volant dyno, to send me their gains, or dyno sheets. If I can get a few of them, I will average them out and report them as to what to expect in the article.

I am VERY sorry that I could not complete this as planned, but trust me, I have put a lot of time and money in trying to do this right! In all honesty, I am sick over the entire mess!

Any and all help you guys can give me in completing this would be appreciated more then you will ever know.
BiXLL:

I'm sure the folks at TitanTalk wouldn't mind if you used information from this thread:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18365

It's a compilation of times, mods and dynos. something to use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts