Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So make this as short as possible…

Towed 150 miles with a trailer weighing in at about 3000 lbs max and a couple hundred pounds in the bed (dirt bike and some camping gear), everything seemed normal.

SIDE NOTE: killed my battery twice listening to music while in the desert, had to jump start it.

Went to come home yesterday drove for a little bit, maybe 10 miles before I hit a little hill, I hit about 3000 rpms in third gear and it lost power, it felt like the transmission was slipped so I let off. I got on flat ground and gave it little gas and powered through second and at third at 3000rpms it started to loose power again. So I pulled over, disconnected the trailer and hooked it up to a friend’s truck and continued on.

I checked the transmission fluid, and it was full, The transmission temperature through out this entire time has not raised one bit.

Disconnected from the trailed I went down the highway. I stepped on it and in second at about 5000rpms it did the same thing. At this point I decided to get home before trying anything else. I cruised home keeping the truck well under 2500 rpms and had no problems. All temperature gauges and oil pressure was perfect the entire time.

MY TRUCK:
04 Nissan Titan CC 2x4
Tow Package 83,000 miles

Transmission fluid was changed at about 50,000 miles when the transmission started to overheat going up a hill, Later I took it to the dealership where they replace the entire rear axle and changed the transmission fluid again, all under warranty.

So I am basically thinking the transmission is bad, but I wanted a second opinion before I took it to the STEALERship haha.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
when you say lose power, does this mean the motor is bogging down? or does it feel like the motor is revving up, but the power is not being transferred to the wheels?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
when you say lose power, does this mean the motor is bogging down? or does it feel like the motor is revving up, but the power is not being transferred to the wheels?
Mine dose that sometimes to and it feels like it bogs down and shakes

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will hit a point and then maybe rev up 500 rpms more and then quit drop about 1000 rpms and start to rev back up. And then it might shift up then down before i finally just let off because its not going no were.

hope that makes sense

·
Registered
563 Posts
A few weeks before my IPDM failed, my truck performed similiarly to your description. It never did it again ( 50,000 miles); I think it was something connected with the IPDM going bad.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Wild thought. You were in the desert. Possible you have a dirty Mass Air Flow Sensor? Get some CRC Brand MAF Cleaner and try that. Check your Air Filter too.

·
Registered
334 Posts
well i know whenm my tranny went i would give it gas and the truck would go for like 2 seconds(it was slippin) and then it would just rev up and not shift. dealer had to replace it. basically exactly what u are saying happened to me and that was b4 i raced a chevy and this part happened to me...hope this is some help

·
3,813 Posts
Sounds like your tranny is on it last legs. Mine had this code stored in it P1716 TURBINE REVOLUTION SENSOR and now it slips in 4th and will not shift in to 5th. To get the sensor you have to buy the complete valvebody, seen them go between $1000-$2000.

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
Sounds like your tranny is on it last legs. Mine had this code stored in it P1716 TURBINE REVOLUTION SENSOR and now it slips in 4th and will not shift in to 5th. To get the sensor you have to buy the complete valvebody, seen them go between $1000-$2000.
dang i hstill have the p0720 code lol i have to do the same just like u

·
Registered
317 Posts
i heard on here or TT that someone jump started their T and it fried the TCM via a bad voltage regulator in the other car.

·
3,813 Posts
dang i hstill have the p0720 code lol i have to do the same just like u
I'm not buying the valvebody and the clutches end up being burnt, the fluid smells funny, I am getting another tranny installed. Once you open up the valvebody you cannot return it, so pick your poison on this.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Were you in 4th gear or overdrive? With that load I would have had the tow mode button pushed and had it in 4th (lock out the overdrive) as the load in the bed (and the rest of the truck) counts against your towing weight. Another thought is to reset the ECU and see what happens. Let us know the solution when you find it.

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
I'm not buying the valvebody and the clutches end up being burnt, the fluid smells funny, I am getting another tranny installed. Once you open up the valvebody you cannot return it, so pick your poison on this.
ive dropped the vb once im getting a junkyard one and see if i can hack it and maybe itll make wonders lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could this be something that is being caused by a bad ECM relay. I have to go have my recall done, I got my notice in the mail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts