Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to PRG some more and found out that he gave Stick some 1" blocks he got from another vendor. I will get the first set (other than the ones on his Titan). He will send me his custom 1.5" blocks with custom made U-bolts. His 1.5" blocks will be longer than any others to help control axle wrap and enhance stability. Also his custom made U-bolts are heavy duty off-road grade and if I remember correctly, they will be plated to prevent corrosion. If all goes well, this will probably be the way he packages his rear kit.

As for the 1" vs 1.5" and the OEM Rancho's, I will be installing some of JT's helper springs to drop the rear .5" and stay in the working range of the shocks. PRG agreed that the helper springs should work well with this setup. Of course, we are testing this, so nothing official yet.

I will post as many pics and details as I can when I get everything installed. Because of the custom U-bolts, he will not be shipping my blocks on Monday as I stated last night, so it will probably be another week or so before he ships.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
if this looks nice this is more then likely be the lift i decide to go with. 2.5 up front and the 1.5 in the back with the spring helpers. you know for a fact that the OEM shocks will work with lift blocks under there?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
if this looks nice this is more then likely be the lift i decide to go with. 2.5 up front and the 1.5 in the back with the spring helpers. you know for a fact that the OEM shocks will work with lift blocks under there?
Fact? Not right now. It is the opinion of PRG and me that 1" is acceptable. He has done some testing (I have been anxiously waiting for 2 weeks while he has been testing) and believe that 1" is OK and 1.5" might be pushing it a little too much on the OEMers. I think he is working on finding a comparable set of Bilsteins for replacing the stock rears with longer travel.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
sweet, i know Bilstiens are a good shock, might be a good idea to switch over to those shocks even if the OEM might work

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
sweet, i know Bilstiens are a good shock, might be a good idea to switch over to those shocks even if the OEM might work
Right now it is a $$$ issue for me. Someday, upgrading the shocks will be nice to get a better ride.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i would be worried that with axle articulation in 4x4ing the shock would drop below its max fall point and blow out the shock :evil: . if your not going to be doing any offroading this would be ok, but for saftey reasons i would opt to change them anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Sounds like these kits will be great for a lot of people who need a little lift to get those bigger wheel and tire combos on.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
absolutly, i want one now and think it would make an excellent group buy :wink: :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts