Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all, this weekend was the weekend I had planned on removing my JBA headers. Mrsjettech is out of town for the weekend so this was the perfect time.

So I get home, put my coveralls on and my nice gloves.. :lol: and I stand there looking at the engine.......and I look......and I look....then just when I was about to jump into this project.....I look some more... :cry:

To make a long story short, I took my truck down to (my now very familiar muffler shop) and had them cut the cats off the factory exhaust manifolds and had them welded onto the headers.... 8O

I just COULDN'T DO IT AGAIN!!!! I'm so ASHAMED!!! :lol: :lol:

I figured this would give me back my lost torque, of which it sure feels like it did.....thank goodness.

Slurppie called me while I was at the muffler shop and said he was going to the dyno within the next several weeks to test out his Volant intake. I'll meet him there and see what installing the cats did for my tq and hp.

Now I've got the WHOLE weekend to myself.....woooooohooooooo

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Wimp LOL j/k man I am kinda glad you didnt take them off. I was really feeling bad for ya. I hope you get some good news from the dyno when you go. Sounds like it feels good to the butt thought HUH?
m4ck

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure feels better now. I'm really the one to blame for what happened by putting straight pipes on instead of the cats, so the results should be more in line with what JBA says now.

And you thought I was going to give you the upper hand at the track... :twisted:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You know that in the end, you'll be happy you left them on there. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
JT, if you need another project take the stock manifolds, switch sides so the outlets are to the front and up, then hang a turbo on each one. Might require a little moving around of a few other parts.......
But you have all weekend :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scr38 said:
JT, if you need another project take the stock manifolds, switch sides so the outlete are to the front and up, then hang a turbo on each one. Might require a little moving around of a few other parts.......
But you have all weekend :roll:
LOL, I'll get right on that one..... :lol:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Good deal, Jet....glad you got some of your torque back and didn't have to kill yerself all over again just to get there!

Do you know what thread size the O2 sensor bung is in the manifold/header? I tested my system backpressure today with a digital pressure tranducer. I'd like to test total BP at the manifold, but didn't want to mess w/ the O2 sensor today. I tested it at the y-pipe so I could compare the AeroTurbine and reso setup w/ my new Flowmaster kit that I just received today......wooohooo!! Hopin to find the time this weekend to install.

My current setup is only running .7 psi at 5,000rpm WOT and .78 psi at 6,000rpm WOT measured at the y-pipe. Still makes really good torque....proven on my last dyno. I'm wondering how much my total BP is at the mans, though. I imagine the cats would add maybe 1 or 2 more psi to my current readings. Generally, I've heard you want to keep it below 3 psi. I'd like to test a stock setup to compare with as well.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rocky, I'm not sure what the thread size is of the O2 sensors, they are all fairly standard but I don't know what it is off the top of my head. And yes I'm glad I decided to have the cats welded onto the headers. This is turning into a nice RELAXING weekend.....Ahhhhhhh, something I rarely ever get....

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
RockyMtnTitan said:
...I tested it at the y-pipe so I could compare the AeroTurbine and reso setup w/ my new Flowmaster kit that I just received today......wooohooo!!
I am very interested in what you find out. Glad to hear you finally got the Flowmaster kit. I'm still driving mostly with the stereo off so I can listen mine. 8)

·
Registered
870 Posts
RockyMtnTitan said:
Good deal, Jet....glad you got some of your torque back and didn't have to kill yerself all over again just to get there!

Do you know what thread size the O2 sensor bung is in the manifold/header? I tested my system backpressure today with a digital pressure tranducer. I'd like to test total BP at the manifold, but didn't want to mess w/ the O2 sensor today. I tested it at the y-pipe so I could compare the AeroTurbine and reso setup w/ my new Flowmaster kit that I just received today......wooohooo!! Hopin to find the time this weekend to install.

My current setup is only running .7 psi at 5,000rpm WOT and .78 psi at 6,000rpm WOT measured at the y-pipe. Still makes really good torque....proven on my last dyno. I'm wondering how much my total BP is at the mans, though. I imagine the cats would add maybe 1 or 2 more psi to my current readings. Generally, I've heard you want to keep it below 3 psi. I'd like to test a stock setup to compare with as well.

Thanks!
If I recall correctly, almost all modern o2 sensors, and even most old ones are 18x1.50mm.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
NateL said:
RockyMtnTitan said:

Thanks!
If I recall correctly, almost all modern o2 sensors, and even most old ones are 18x1.50mm.
Bless you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts