Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try this. We have found that the ECM relay is going out in the IPDM. If you switch it with the fog lamp relay it will usually get you to the nearest dealer to get it taken care of. You can not get the relay by its self. It comes with the IPDM.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
what if it is because some retard forgot to put gas in his/her truck. LOL

Thanks for the heads up Oh Mighty Warranty Guru....I hope to never need this tidbit of knowledge.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems we are seeing this more often. This also works on the xterra, pathfinder & armadas.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
year model/range specific? or all around fubar at will type thing here nascar?

·
Registered
205 Posts
nascarjody said:
Try this. We have found that the ECM relay is going out in the IPDM. If you switch it with the fog lamp relay it will usually get you to the nearest dealer to get it taken care of. You can not get the relay by its self. It comes with the IPDM.

Is the relay for the IPDM the same as the fog light relay because if the IPDM relay is unobtainable but the fog light relay is readily available then why get an IPDM?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think you can get the foglamp relay either. All trucks come with the relays already there even if you dont have fog lamps.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Great info, Jody!
This could get a stranded member back on the road.
I have attached a larger picture so the relays can be seen easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Does a dying relay give any symptoms or does the truck just croak?

No relays available? Really? Dumb.

-Lab

(Awesome info BTW)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
How much will the whole unit set a guy back?

·
Registered
861 Posts
My tech at the dealership just told me about this. IIRC he said it was around $160. he had just done a Titan that morning ...same problem.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Does all Titans have fog light relays even if they don't have the fog lights?

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
This is a troubling bit of information. As I read this it seems that Nissan has chosen to make the repairs of something as simple as a faulty relay require the complete replacement of the entire board?? So if my fog lights go out, I have to buy the entire board?
I think I'd just source a replacement relay off the internet.

Red

·
Registered
720 Posts
Interesting.. I'll find out if this works on the Frontiers too.. Since he said Pathy/Xterra, hopefully he means gen2!

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is a troubling bit of information. As I read this it seems that Nissan has chosen to make the repairs of something as simple as a faulty relay require the complete replacement of the entire board?? So if my fog lights go out, I have to buy the entire board?
I think I'd just source a replacement relay off the internet.

Red

We did an experament to see if replacing the relay would be a permanent fix. The first relay lasted 3 days & the second lasted 4 days. There is something in the IPDM that is burning up the relays. This is only a temporary fix till you can get another IPDM.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts