Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
what are the symptoms of this??

mine just started acting an *** today and i'm betting this is what is going on with it.

warranty is up on it but shouldn't nissan cover this because its an obvious manufacturer defect?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
FYI, my XE had the Fog light Relay in place. I am running "OEM style" homemade harness for my OEM Fog lights that I added. An 06 CC BT Pref Pkg 2WD.

As for the reason the Relay fails, I'd assume they are running too much current through the Relay, so it doesn't last. Hard to figure what else it could be. It's just a magnet and some Contacts. ??? Might be because the Relay itself is of lighter real life capacity than they thought.

BTW, a New Design IPDM is on market now. P/N 284B6-ZC00A. List $165.50, available for substantially less online. Don't buy an old design! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
if the dealer replaces the IPDM do they use the new better one?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Depends on what is in stock, and if they bother to force themselves to get old unit returned to Nissan. If you need one done, force the issue, and give the P/N.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok so that part # is the one they will have too? you know if nissan is covering the cost or if they'll fight about it?

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok guys the dealer tells me it is the IPDM but that my truck needs the B7 P/N...not the B6

this right or are they trying to put an old one on?...btw the B7 is apparently on national back order

·
Registered
189 Posts
just to update, it was the IPDM, P/N B6 is without the plastic cover and B7 is with, B7 as of now is on back order nationwide, and nissan will not cover the cost regardless outside 3/36...despite the part being on back order meaning its in high demand...

·
Registered
58 Posts
mine died yesterday morning. the dealer knew exactly what was wrong and said it was happening on titans/armadas and some others. they had an extra one laying around so they put that in for the time being and are ordering me a new one. I have the extended warranty so we hope that it is covered. this sucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine had the IPDM issue as well an an bad ECM as well as the cracked manifold issue that I had been fighting with Nissan over for almost 30,000 miles. In the end I rigged it up with a fog lamp relay and traded in. Someone elses headache now.

In my opinion The Nissan Warranty experience is horrible

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
if the thing was on back order, and has such a wide spread problem, you'd think they recall the part. but that would only make sense.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What doesn't make sense to me is why my truck drives better now than ever before. Spoke with the head mechanic and he told me it may have been a faulty part from the beginning. It actually feels like a new truck. I don't know if I want the new part. lol

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Interesting.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
IPDM failure

I replaced mine earlier this year as it went out.

Kept the old one for the relays.

I would recommend those that have had this failure contact the NHTSA and start reporting them.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts