Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
yea I have done dozens of these, the part as of now is still on back order. We are joking at work that they have a timer in them set to go off b/c just recently we had quite a few. I agree you as owners should be calling the NHTS about this if you experience it. Some other symptoms are crank no start and dash lights flicker, and you can smell that the engine is getting gas. Basically the coils lose power due to the ecm relay. It really should be a recall, and there is a new part number and unless the dealer has had an old one sitting on the shelf for a long time you should receive the updated IPDM in a week or 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate to revive this very old thread, but I just had this happen to me on my way to work. I was sitting at a stop light, light changed, I took off, turned left, accelerated and suddenly I had no more acceleration. I pulled over, truck was still trying to run with no acceleration, radio still playing, everything else acting fine, just no acceleration. No idiot lights either.

I turned the truck off, restarted it and it was fine after that. That was this morning. My truck is a 2011 Titan stripper version. No cruise, no fog lights, etc. It has about 68k on the clock. I've read about fuel filters, fuel pumps, IPDMs, exhaust systems, etc. But they almost all applied to much earlier model trucks than my own.

Is this still happening to people and if so, are the culprits narrowed down any further?

My truck was warmed up, had just driven about 14 miles or so. I was sitting at a light, went through the light ok, but very shortly after ... you know the rest.

A while back, in winter, my heater went dead one day. I fiddled around with the fuses and what not under the hood and it started working again. It hasn't been a problem since. Not sure if that could be connected or not. Just figured I'd mention it. There's nothing else I can think of to add.

Oh, passenger window will always crack itself when using the auto up. I'm pretty sure it's just the motor. It's been doing that for years. There's another light on, airbag or something. I had unplugged the passenger seat once a few years ago and it's been on since. So I'm sure that's something I did, but never bothered to figure out how to fix it.

That's it. A perfect truck otherwise I think.

Oh, tailpipe broke off and I welded that back on, then a heat shield farther up was coming lose and rattling so I bent it up to stop rattling. I didn't inspect the rest of the exhaust and I'm now realizing that I should have. So I'll be doing that soon.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts