Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 titan xe with 227500 mi. and the ignition clicks once sometimes when I turn the key on. Then I can try again and it then starts. Last night, I had to do this 6 times to start my truck. Is this an ignition or a starter going bad or how can it be tested to know the difference?
Roaman

·
Registered
2 Posts
It happened to my 2008 Nissan Titan SE. I bought a starter that is still in the box. I bought a new battery and the click went away. Recommend you check your battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 titan xe with 227500 mi. and the ignition clicks once sometimes when I turn the key on. Then I can try again and it then starts. Last night, I had to do this 6 times to start my truck. Is this an ignition or a starter going bad or how can it be tested to know the difference?
Roaman
Had the same problem "thought" it was the battery ( bought the truck 2nd hand) replaced it, you guessed it, it was the starter. Have a car parts store test the battery. If that's not it buy the other responder's starter. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Roaman
I have 2006 Titan SE 4x4 258K miles. Around 2 years ago the same thing started happening. I looked on forums and dreaded the fact that it was likely the starter. (It's under the intake manifold)Went for at least 2 years learning that I could move the key back and forth from run to start and never got stranded. Once I used one of those portable jump starters after trying about 100 times. The extra voltage did the trick.
I got my starter from the "prime" store for a little over $100. Gasket kit, consists of o-ring type gaskets for each intake port and air intake port, from eB*y. Get you a coolant temp sensor while you're at it because it's under there also. Watched the u-tube video a few times. I had a 1 inch thick vinyl covered exercise pad that is a must for putting across radiator/grille top. You'll spend a lot of time on top of it. Took me approx 3 hours. Watch videos for complete tools and instructions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar issue about two months back with my '04 Titan. Cleaned the battery posts (the battery is less than two years old), and it hasn't been a problem since, thankfully. Replacing the starter looks to be a daunting task...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts