Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my luck bein 17 and trying to juggle friends and a titan, tonight i was with my friend james and his little brother at a local eatery, and i parked far away from everyone, but consequently it put me near a big black pole, so after bout an hour of good times we were ready to leave and i had sorta forgot bout the pole, neways, i turn the truck on, and im backin up and its goin good until my friends little brother starts jumpin around and i turn around a lil more and tell him to shut up and just as the words come out of my mouth i hear, CRUNCH!!! i look and i dented the right side of my front bumper and put a crack in it, luckily its plastic so it popped out sorta, but its missin paint and its cracked, so i tell my parents and my dad flips out tellin me that we cant tell insurance or sunthin, neways i looked and its only the white front bumper piece thats harmed so i was wondering if anyone knew how much a new cover would cost, its only like 1/8" plastic so it hopefully isnt too much and it shouldnt take more than an hour to put on, can someone please help me... i cant stand to see my baby like this!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
That is a bummer man. You should call Jamie at www.nissanparts247.com he can tell you how much and how much to ship. He is a good guy.
M4ck

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could u give me a number or extension or way to contact him, how much in ur opinion do u think it will cost? hopefully under 2 or 3

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Its that main front bumper right. The bottom plastic piece. Probably a good few hundred bucks. I hate to guess though. 1-800-689-6560 ask for Jamie in the parts department. Tell him M4ck from Clubtitan sent ya.
M4ck

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
god its eatin me up inside, sooo dumb, u let ur guard down for 2 seconds and u pay hundreds of dollars for it :x :x :x :x

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Life is like that. If the plastic is not messed up just the paint. I would check with a body shop see how much to paint it. M4ck

·
Registered
42 Posts
A neighborhood kid ran into my truck on his bike and put a gash in that plastic cover. $48 for the part and $90 for the paint and labor. Don't sweat it. This is probably the best place you could have damaged the truck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is that front bumper in 3 pieces?
cuz if it is then that would be great, i thought it was a whole piece i have an 04 XE, only thing i think is that there are two little pieces that come down in the middle of the bumper and attach it to the black underbumber and i broke one of those off but i can live with that, i just have a big crack in the bottom part of the right side so i hopefully can just buy that part and shoot it with paint and be done with it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok just looked at my front bumper and since mine doesnt have the crome front bumper thing and its all one color it looks like the factory put a resin inbetween the slots that separate the diff pieces... can this be broken fixed, resealed and painted?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
talkslow said:
A neighborhood kid ran into my truck on his bike and put a gash in that plastic cover. $48 for the part and $90 for the paint and labor. Don't sweat it. This is probably the best place you could have damaged the truck.
Were they able to match the paint up pretty good.
Reason I ask is I have this scratch some jerk put on my front bumper that went down to the black plastic. I was worried they might not be able to blend the paint in very well. I gotta get it fixed soon though I cant stand seeing it.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
That bottom piece is one solid piece then not 3 right?
M4ck

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what im thinkin M4CK, how much is the plastic bumper cover, i dont need all the brackets n stuff just the cover itself?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ahhh -- XE. I have the SE that just has the 2 plastic corners with the chrome section in the middle. They did a great job matching the paint. Since it is a seperate panel, the light catches it differently than the hood or fender. So if they were a little off on the color it wouldn't be that noticable.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Shift, I feel your pain. Hadn't had my Titan a week when I let me guard down pulling out of the bank and lightly rear ended a Nissan Sentra. Just punched in the passenger side plastic piece just above the fog light. I got an estimate of $48 for the plastic corner, and $120 to paint and install it. The paint was barely scratched so I popped the plastic piece out and touched it up with some paint. Put many other dings since then so I'm over it. I feel your pain though.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Take your truck to a Nissan parts dealer. Have the parts guy come out and look at the bumper part you want replaced. He should then be able to get you a part number and price for it. Hope this helps. Try not to stress too much about it. Dents and scrapes on vehicles are a part of life. Your dad's probably recalling a similar thing he did when he was younger.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts