Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally i got to where I have had enough of the tone of the muffler at WOT the performance aspect of it is phenominal, but I'm looking for a deeper tone and hopefully this single 3" in and single 3" out Magnaflow 6" round 18" body muffler can help things out a tad, it should definatly be a little louder cause it is 2" shorter than the k&n muffler that the jba kit uses.. the model number of the muffler im buying is 12649

anyone used this model muffler in a jba catback before?? im just wondering how it's going to sound with cams, headers, and high flow cats..

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
man my JBA sounds monstorous with my Nismos...sounds like a muscle car....but i guess you've had it a lot longer than me....i've heard a lot of people like the magnaflow...i still need to put my HF cats in...does they make it quieter?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
The round JBA dimensions are 7" round x 23" body x 29" overall. The Magnaflow oval 12279 5x18x24 is 30" long overall, and that is the same size muffler they now use in their new catbacks. I'm pretty sure the 12279 is about 10-20% quieter than the JBA but a little deeper in tone.

·
Creator of the DUMBEST thread ever!
4,107 Posts
just get cutouts man... costed me 105 installed... quiet when i want it... loud as hell when i want it.

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suddenurge said:
The round JBA dimensions are 7" round x 23" body x 29" overall. The Magnaflow oval 12279 5x18x24 is 30" long overall, and that is the same size muffler they now use in their new catbacks. I'm pretty sure the 12279 is about 10-20% quieter than the JBA but a little deeper in tone.

i didnt really like the oval mufflers i wanted to stay with the same round shape i got now with the jba/k&n muffler do you think the oval would sound better than the round one?? i dont care if it is loud i just want it to have a nice powerful deep sound not some raspy sound when under wot..

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
Toomnymods said:
i didnt really like the oval mufflers i wanted to stay with the same round shape i got now with the jba/k&n muffler do you think the oval would sound better than the round one?? i dont care if it is loud i just want it to have a nice powerful deep sound not some raspy sound when under wot..
it should have a deep tone to it magnaflow is known for the deep agressive tone it has.

·
Registered
257 Posts
the new oval is MUCH deeper and has no rasp. it is quieter though. but once you break it in it def sounds like a nice deep muscle car type sound i owned both of them also btw

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Toomnymods said:
I mentioned the 12279 5x8x24 Magnaflow because it will fit right in without having to add a spliced in piece of pipe that looks like shyt. I'm sure the oval Magnaflow will perform just as well if not a tad better than the louvered JBA design. It should sound deeper than the JBA but 10-20% quieter without any rasp or card in the spoke sound. The 18" Magnaflow I had on my stock setup didn't rasp or have that card in the spoke sound.

·
3,812 Posts
Are you looking at these: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=7679

This thing may be LOUD, there are called Race Mufflers for a reason. Try and find some sound clips before you buy. The deteriating JBA muffler may be your problem with your time's at the track. Broken Muffler = Restricted Flow.

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
DF6_Titan said:
if i ever get rid of the k&n muffler im gonna try the dynatech mufflers they look really nice.
ive heard alot of good things about dynatech

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have you considered the Nismo? I put it on mine and at first I did not like it because I thought it was too loud but now I love it. Here is a video right after I installed it about 2 months ago. The video doesnt really do it justice, it sounds much better in person. Oh and ignore that Pterodactyl sound in the background, that is my neighbors parrot. I think the exhaust freaked him out, lol.

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh310/jlbutler2879/?action=view&current=NismoTitan-1.flv

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not changing the piping i just want a diffrent sound, that's why im just changing the muffler, changing to a similar sized muffler shouldnt change the flow characteristics too much

1 - 14 of 14 Posts