Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my kit from Greg V over at Mossy. Comes with brackets, tuner, and antenna. Lets just say the install was freakin retarded. I took my truck to AL and Eds as I really did not feel like working on my truck and ended up working on it anyways. Let me start by saying the instructions are damn near worthless. First off you need to look for the cable that is hanging from underneath the drivers side of the dash that plugs into the tuner (you must have that little SAT button on you stock HU for it to be there). Then as you stare up into the abyss that is the underside of the dash try to imagine to yourself where this tuner is supposed to mount down there. No I did not follow Nissans intent to the fullest. I did attatch one side of the bracket to the tuner and I attatched that to the amplifier/harness bracket support thing. The other side was causing too much headache and the thing hasn't moved with out it so its good. Next the antenna seemed strange. One side attatchs to the outside of the rear window and has some probes poking out of it. You then have to line up a matching peice that connects to the inside. Why they couldn't use one of the regualr magnetic antennas is beside me but the antenna unit looks like it could receive communications from the space shuttle crews. Everthing else was straight forward and the system does work well. It was just a wierd install and odd looking antenna. I will post pics later.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Most important part. Did it sound good?
m4ck

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m4ck said:
Most important part. Did it sound good?
m4ck
Oh yes...I would say even better then some CDs. Pretty much if I play a bruned CD in my truck its sounds pretty good but the XM sounds better. Regular mastered CDs that you buy from the store sound about the same as XM.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nope, no NFL, just baseball and nascar (and ESPN news). I would highly recommend the XM, I just installed it last week and I LOVE it. I tend to listen to the talk and comedy channels more than the music. I guess I'm getting old...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love my XM. The online service they added to the package is pretty cool as well, only problem is it sucks up some bandwidth.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Most important question - how much for the kit? It was $500 for the Murano. Someone in here said they got theirs for the Titan for $200, which I find hard to believe... but, I've heard stranger things. - Jim

·
Registered
219 Posts
Otis said:
I love my XM. The online service they added to the package is pretty cool as well, only problem is it sucks up some bandwidth.
Didn't see that mentioned on the Mossy site or the XM site. Are we talking sat internet? If so, where can I find out more?

·
Registered
531 Posts
When you have an XM subscription, and you pay the normal $12.95/mo. ( went up from $9.95 ), you can go online to xmradio.com, and register for the online radio. You put in the unit# for your reciever, found on chanel 0 or 1, I think, and then you can listen through the internet. Kinda cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts