Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After further review. I think I will withhold judgment until I see one in person. After all. I had no idea I would own a titan back in 08 when I was looking to buy corvette until I laid eyes on her. Then the sales guy said "look at this beautiful truck, let's take it for a test drive" the rest was history...now she sits in my driveway just as beautiful as the first day

·
Registered
612 Posts
The black one in the photos is at the Philadelphia Auto Show. I saw it Saturday. Again, Nissan must not want to sell Titans in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. Why do I say this? Because there was absolutely no information on the truck. Just the truck, locked and roped off. No literature and not even a sign board. Maybe it was last minute for Philadelphia. Anyway, it is a beautiful truck, as beautiful as a Ford F-150. It was difficult to see inside, but the dash looks similar to the F-150 with the touch screen taking the center of the dash. It was hard to see the details and impossible to see in the rear of the cab. Looking underneath, it doesn't look all that much different from the existing truck. The rear end pumpkin is smaller that I thought, it looks about the same size as our Dana 44s but no finned aluminum cover. No rear step, but a very high rear bumper. The hood was open and there were comments about it sharing the engine out of the Dodge made by people who obviously cannot count or understand the difference between a straight and a V-engine -- they just see "Cummins." It lacks the avant-gaard touches our trucks have, such as the round door handle indents covered by the bowed-out handles imitating the Nissan "hamburger." The side of the cab is curved in the rear, however, and someone must have spent a year designing the center-mounted stop light combination bed light. The cab is not sealed to the bed. There is a small piece of weatherstrip that takes up half the gap, glued to the bed side. The bed inside and out is nearly identical except for the busy tail gate design but there is no outside storage door. Otherwise, it is a very nice replica of last year's Ford F-150. Nothing on the outside distinguishes it from the competition. I wish they had not tried so hard to fit in because one thing I like about my and your Titan is that it doesn't look like everybody else's F-150. One thing I didn't like and I hope they can change is that the exterior of the "chrome" wheels appears to be chrome-plated plastic, e.g. "chrome clad." Don't get me wrong -- it is a nice truck, but appearance-wise, not the breakthrough we all hoped for.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I'm disappointed with that description of how the box meets the cab. I don't want to go back to Ford style gaps in the body, especially ones that let you see straight through the middle of your truck.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The box meets the cab similarly to how it does in the current truck, but as if a piece of black weatherstrip had been added to the bed, only taking up half the gap. It does not touch the cab. I had read that the gap was sealed, but it really isn't. I think its only there for aerodynamics.

Also at the Philadelphia Auto Show is an American vs. Import section of show vehicles and in that is a very nice Titan King Cab, silver, with about a 6" lift, nice wheels and mud tires, fender flares, and some other accessories. Lots of Plasti-Dip, so it must belong to someone on this forum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well...

I'm glad I got what I did. Not too impressed myself. Sure it will last for decades though.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Any news when the non-XD trucks will be released?

It's been 3 months since any new information has been released, which means two things: people will forget about it, and enthusiasts are getting board and impatient.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bench seat?

I actually think the center console is a waste of space. Anyone seen the bench-seat option yet?

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I actually think the center console is a waste of space. Anyone seen the bench-seat option yet?
So far no information, not even pictures, on the S or SV. No information if they'll offer a bench on the SL. I doubt it will be offered on the Pro4x or the Platinum Reserve.

Final weight specifications, 6 passenger seating, and pricing is what I need to make a buying decision. Every additional day I wait for the information my wallet shifts farther to the new F-150.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm about convinced that the 2015 Titan XD / Cummins equipped is more myth
than reality.
I'll look for it in 2016? Maybe,maybe not only time will tell. Much hype about nothing, very disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I'm about convinced that the 2015 Titan is more myth
than reality.
I'll look for it in 2016? Maybe,maybe not only time will tell. Much hype about nothing, very disappointed.
The 2015 Titan is real...just the same truck that was released in 2004 with some small tweaks.

The 2016 Titan XD is "expected late 2015"...which may mean sometime in 2016.

The 2016 Titan (standard, not XD) is a myth until Nissan proves otherwise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The XD engine start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_811qNdSY

SEMA measuring day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6rfERYlWo

And I never noticed this until now:
While the previous Titan offered a bedside storage compartment in the lower outside fender panels, the new TITAN XD features an available dual lockable in-bed storage boxes that sit sight-unseen at street level and can hold a wide range of essential work and recreational equipment. Unlike other pickup bed storage boxes, the TITAN XD units are accessible from inside the bed without having to remove a camper top or tonneau cover. The boxes are watertight (and drainable) and can be used as a cooler for picnics or tailgating. They are also removable for times when extra bed capacity is required.
I think I will enjoy this feature.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Titan XD Forum has the Tow Rating and weights posted.

Nissan USA site has a makeshift configuration tool up, no prices only options and groups.

Nissan Canada site has a specification download with equipment and groups for each trim level. Please note the groups are different Canada, there are fewer groups with more options in each.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts