1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
I believe that's the one the slurp man has on his truck. This system is unique because it replaces the aft resonators too. And from his dyno results they work EXTREMELY well. Sound darn good too.....

Heck of a deal in my opinion...

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
BiXLL said:
The one up for auction here at the site makes it an even better deal! (for the winner)
The one up for raffle doesn't appear to be the system that replaces the aft resonators Bixll. At least that's what I see from the pics. Maybe Firecracker can confirm this..

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I went back and looked at Slurps pics. It looks like his has something else on the end, we mine didn't.

I'll have to do some more investigation.............. :?:

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Yes, I know his system replaced his aft cats. Look at the picture in the link TH posted, you'll see the pipes are much longer extending forward from the y-pipe. I don't know why your system doesn't have them. Perhaps a different JBA model is all I can think of.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Okay, just got off the phone with JBA....he said my kit didn't have the longer front tubes because I had a 4X4 ( we know that's because I've got 4 Cats ) and legally they can't remove them. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
601 Posts
firecracker said:
Okay, just got off the phone with JBA....he said my kit didn't have the longer front tubes because I had a 4X4 ( we know that's because I've got 4 Cats ) and legally they can't remove them. Does that make sense?
Yes, they didn't start making the 4x4 kits until a couple months ago. All their kits used to be "cat-back" but only based on the 4x2 model. When the found out about the 4x4's having 4 cats and no resos, they had to do a redesign.

I'm no expert but I know a guy with a 4x4 and the original JBA exhaust. He had to take his back cats off to accomodate the kit. There was also some good discussion on this over on TT.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, now I am really confused. Will the system being raffled off work with a 4X2 King Cab? I only see one part # for this kit in aluminized. And for the record, $20 or $30 for this system sounds a heck of alot better than $285. :) If you haven't gotten in the raffle yet, better get in!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
TitanHauler said:
Ok, now I am really confused. Will the system being raffled off work with a 4X2 King Cab? I only see one part # for this kit in aluminized. And for the record, $20 or $30 for this system sounds a heck of alot better than $285. :) If you haven't gotten in the raffle yet, better get in!
It should, I'm gonna have to call and find out for sure. But, yes, THere's only ONE p/n.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too came across the deal that TitanHauler had mentioned. Upon learning of the 2 different systems (2wd vs. 4wd) discussed in this thread, I decided to e-mail AJ-USA to see if there's a way I could ensure I get the right system since there is no way to specify 2wd or 4wd on their site. Well they responded saying that there is only system and it fits both 2wd and 4wd models. I guess they are correct in saying that it fits both, but I'm not about to bear the potential wrath of removing my 2 aft cats to install it. I'd have a little more confidence in the company if they knew that 2 systems do exist.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
QuadRacer said:
I too came across the deal that TitanHauler had mentioned. Upon learning of the 2 different systems (2wd vs. 4wd) discussed in this thread, I decided to e-mail AJ-USA to see if there's a way I could ensure I get the right system since there is no way to specify 2wd or 4wd on their site. Well they responded saying that there is only system and it fits both 2wd and 4wd models. I guess they are correct in saying that it fits both, but I'm not about to bear the potential wrath of removing me 2 aft cats to install it. I'd have a little more confidence in the company if they knew that 2 systems do exist.

Hold on now, before you give them a bad wrap (I've nothing but a good relationship with them). The guy that I talked to the other day, did say that the ones manufactured AFTER 12/04, would fit either 4x4 or 4x2. The one's PRIOR to that, would fit the 4x2, but had to be modified to fit the 4x4's.

Quite simply, he said the manufacturer (Nissan), doesn't check with them to verify where they are placing the cats and other items. :wink: That makes sense. Anyway, this kit IS supposed to fit BOTH. Just so you know.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Please note, the system that Slurppie has installed was manufactured PRIOR to the end of 12/04. That's why he has the two 'replacement' resonators on the pipes == longer than mine :D

Hope that make sense!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good point firecracker. Let me clarify before accidentally giving anyone a bad wrap. First, by company I meant AJ-USA, not JBA. I understand JBA can't possible know everything that Nissan's doing. When I e-mailed AJ-USA I specifically mentioned the system they had pictured (long tubes and resonators). If that is the system they're selling as "one size fits all" then some of us with 4wd could be in trouble when it shows up at the door. I will contact AJ-USA again to see if I can find out more info.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Will the raffle exhaust work on an Armada? I couldn't find the Armada listed on the JBA web site

1 - 20 of 20 Posts